Epilight cases: Anyone own one?

LuckyDan

Reaction score
I got a similar case as part of my purchase of an Epi Masterbilt EF-500 years ago. It has a foam body covered in black cloth, with deep blue velveteen interior, a compartment under the neck support, and a built-in hygrometer. (Its hard to read if your eyes are over 50 but it's a nice touch.) On the outside in gold embroidery it says Epiphone Masterbilt. I wish they still made them because I'd like one just like it for my Masterbilt AJ-45.

The Epilight cases appear similar in construction, only without a hygrometer. What I'm curious about is whether there is an interior compartment under the neck support. None is mentioned so I assume none is provided.

$90 seems a little pricey but then everything that says Epiphone on it lately seems to cost a little more.

Anybody own one? Seen one?

940-ENLPHG_front.png

LuckyDan

Reaction score
It doesn'T look like it on this pic.

View attachment 531887

If uou don't find the info here, maybe give them a call and ask.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ENLPHG--epiphone-les-paul-epilite-case-black-and-grey
I'd call but I'm afraid I'd get a response like, "Internal compartment? Eh, hmmm, uhh ... " (Thinking: Hell it must, it's a guitar case) "Yeah, yeah. Internal compartment. What's your credit card number?"

I think you're right though. Doesn't look like it. Still it's a slight upgrade from the bag I've got the AJ in now. A little added protection for when it's out of the rotation.

rbraad68

Reaction score
90 bucks does seem a bit high when you can get a decent hard shell case for the same money. most my cases live under my bed anyways....

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I'd call but I'm afraid I'd get a response like, "Internal compartment? Eh, hmmm, uhh ... " (Thinking: Hell it must, it's a guitar case) "Yeah, yeah. Internal compartment. What's your credit card number?"

I think you're right though. Doesn't look like it. Still it's a slight upgrade from the bag I've got the AJ in now. A little added protection for when it's out of the rotation.
I have worked in the retail music business and sales persons should know about such things.
But we were hands-on type of guys at the time.
Some of these people are sitting behind a computer all day long...
It's free, make the call!
;)

I agree that a hard case is also an option... but I guess you want the straps for backpack transport.

1618683600218.png

:laugh2:

LuckyDan

Reaction score
90 bucks does seem a bit high when you can get a decent hard shell case for the same money. most my cases live under my bed anyways....
Yeah, that's what's really keeping me off the phone. That's going to have to come down considerably.

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figure it's similar to the case my gibson tribute came in. the gold glory I have on order comes with one of those soft cases I believe.

rbert0005

Reaction score
I would like to see one before I would throw stones at it.
90 bucks for a nice semi hard case doesn't sound bad at all.

Bob

LuckyDan

Reaction score
I would like to see one before I would throw stones at it.
90 bucks for a nice semi hard case doesn't sound bad at all.

Bob
I have had second thoughts on the price. I mean it is lightweight and offers adequate protection. More than a bag, if maybe not as much as a true hardshell. I just really like the case the Masterbilt came in. This is comparable, but much plainer looking.

fry

Reaction score
Trogly did a review of that new Emily Wolfe Sheraton from Epiphone. They are shipping in this new lightweight case. He gave it a few whacks on the bench with his hands, and it seemed very, very sturdy. I figure if they’re shipping semi hollow guitars in them, they must do the job.

LuckyDan

Reaction score
I figure it's similar to the case my gibson tribute came in. the gold glory I have on order comes with one of those soft cases I believe.
If it does, please come back and let me know your thoughts. Thinking seriously about upgrading from the bag for my AJ.

Latest Threads