Epi Wilshire

SAULtime

Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals,

one of these has come up local for sale but I dont really know much about them - this one in particular seems to have a bolt on neck? I thought they were all set neck?

Is thing legit??

nitrodc

Reaction score
Legit or not, it looks absolutely stunning

SAULtime

Reaction score
Yeah it is a very nice gat - nice flame to it

just not sure on that neck plate - is it for a bolt on neck or just an i.d. plate?

jppage25

Reaction score
i owned one years ago same color and from the pictures it looks to be all original. Mine was a nice player if the price is good i would grab it quick.

mdubya

Reaction score
i owned one years ago same color and from the pictures it looks to be all original. Mine was a nice player if the price is good i would grab it quick.
My thoughts exactly. Super cool guitar, but not super valuable. Get it if the price is right. :thumb:

pedersenkirk

Reaction score
'70s Epiphones are underrated. The bolt-on necks have sunk their value to the point where you don't have to be moneybags to buy them. Good find.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Ive been curious to check out one of the 70's bolt on neck ones. I have a 60's set neck Olympic with the batwing headstock. USA made. KILLER guitar. If I were you and it were local, go play it and if it is remotely good and cheap, buy it! The prices are only going to go up.

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
I love those guitars! That one looks choice to myself! I like the one the dude from the MC5 had. Johnny Winter played the heck out of one also. I wish I would have got one years back.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
They seem to be ridiculously popular in Sweden right now. I've seen the Hives, Thr Hellacopters, Gluecifer, and Turbonegro all playing them. I know that Nicke for the Hellecopters had a guy in Australia I believe it was make him a left handed version of a Coronet and also a ventures model Mosrite. Very cool!

SAULtime

Reaction score
Awesome - thanks everyone!!

for the links mucho gracia

will go for a look see - anyone for ideas on price? $400-$500?? maybe less with blemishes?

SAULtime

Reaction score
I'm kinda sold on the flame alone - I bet this thing looks even better in the flesh...

normally I wouldnt even consider a bolt on neck or give it the time of day - but there is something positively unique in this thing though - and if commentary is right and its a cross between an sg and lp - well - thats fine by me...

definately wasnt lookng for one just popped up while looking for sg custom...

mdubya

Reaction score
Awesome - thanks everyone!!

for the links mucho gracia

will go for a look see - anyone for ideas on price? $400-$500?? maybe less with blemishes?
That is the outer limits of what I would pay. :)

I was thinking more like $350.

SAULtime

Reaction score
So auction house wanted $500

I say no way - countered with $350

They say no way - I say $400 my best offer

They thank me for the offer but choose to put to auction

Auction starts off feverishly with bidding quickly getting to $300, at this point I'm thinking sweet maybe I get it at my offer as all priors are considered - then someone comes along and a duel ensues taking bids up to $400 with a final bid of $425 taking it home.

I was gutted - but oh well just not to be I guess... guitar probably needed maybe $100 spent on it to get to a real nice usable aged player and in hindsight maybe it would have been worth jumping in and taking to $450-$475ish

monkeyboy

Reaction score
So auction house wanted $500

I say no way - countered with $350

They say no way - I say $400 my best offer

They thank me for the offer but choose to put to auction

Auction starts off feverishly with bidding quickly getting to $300, at this point I'm thinking sweet maybe I get it at my offer as all priors are considered - then someone comes along and a duel ensues taking bids up to $400 with a final bid of $425 taking it home.

I was gutted - but oh well just not to be I guess... guitar probably needed maybe $100 spent on it to get to a real nice usable aged player and in hindsight maybe it would have been worth jumping in and taking to $450-$475ish
Keep your eyes on eBay, you'll find one cheaper.

Latest Threads