Epi vs Gibson Les Paul Body Thickness?

Are Gibson Les Paul Standard and Epi Les Paul Standards body thickness same?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Arda Şenbaklavacı

Reaction score
Hello, Im going to buy an Epiphone Les paul Standard(maybe plus top) but I want its body dimensions same, only headstock is different.

I heard that epiphone les paul standard's body is more thicker than Gibson Les Pauls(standards)

is that correct or are their thickness are same?

Matt_Krush

Reaction score
They're about the same.
But no two from either brand are ever exactly the same.

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have both, and it's really hard to tell any difference with
exception to the obvious headstock.

vivanchenko

Reaction score
Who cares? If I were you I would be more interested in if the wood species they use for ether brand's bodies and necks is the same... The answer is a big and resounding NO (Asian Luan vs S.American Swietenia Macrophylla. They term either thing as "mahogany".

brianbzed

Reaction score
Hello, Im going to buy an Epiphone Les paul Standard(maybe plus top) but I want its body dimensions same, only headstock is different.

I heard that epiphone les paul standard's body is more thicker than Gibson Les Pauls(standards)

is that correct or are their thickness are same?
Not sure.
Played my Standard and an Epi side by side a few years ago. The Epi felt slightly smaller. Would have to get out a micrometer to see the difference....

ARandall

Reaction score
The are bigger things to worry about than body thickness.....something that will be in ballpark anyhow.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I have had both guitars and a Epiphone Standard compared to a Gibson Standard were pretty much the same except for headstock. The necks for how they felt and played felt different for me, but the body was the same from what I could tell.

Macronaut

Reaction score
There is little to no discernable difference. Though I wonder why the concern if you have already decided on getting an Epi?....curious.

Latest Threads