Epi Matt Heafy Origins

syco

Reaction score
Is $499 too much for a scratch & dent Matt heafy Origins Custom . 6 string , Ebony , case . Condition is listed as " having an indentation and finish chip with wood exposed on bottom side of body and finish crack on the bass side of neck pocket and other scratches on various parts of guitar . No pics available at current time .

smk506

Reaction score
Is there anything particularly special about a Matt Heafy? I’m not familiar with the specs… That sounds like a lot for an epiphone with finish issues that you can’t inspect before buying to me, especially the finish crack near the neck pocket. Poly doesn’t crack all that easy so that says to me it probably took a fall or other considerable impact at some point, that’s not scratch and dent in my eyes, that’s damaged goods.

Of course with no pics that’s all speculation, but $500 can get you into a nice guitar these days, why chance it?

syco

Reaction score
Is there anything particularly special about a Matt Heafy? I’m not familiar with the specs… That sounds like a lot for an epiphone with finish issues that you can’t inspect before buying to me, especially the finish crack near the neck pocket. Poly doesn’t crack all that easy so that says to me it probably took a fall or other considerable impact at some point, that’s not scratch and dent in my eyes, that’s damaged goods.

Of course with no pics that’s all speculation, but $500 can get you into a nice guitar these days, why chance it?
https://www.epiphone.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/EPIJD3865/Ebony

Based on epi description , figured worst case I could part out and get back investment . Thought someone might have a bit more knowledge other than what can be found online .

noodlingguitars

Reaction score
The husk itself is exactly the same as a Custom. The changes are the pickups, electronics and knobs. I tend to agree with smk506 - you'd definitely want to see pics and see the extent of the damage first...

syco

Reaction score
IMG_7903.JPG
IMG_7905.JPG
IMG_7896.JPG
IMG_7897.JPG

syco

Reaction score
Not crazy about the Gold Hardware , but loving this guitar . Need to get the rechargeable battery pack and find some nickel hardware .

revtime

Reaction score
Its a player. For 5 bills you did alright.
If the wood is exposed touch it up with a black sharpie. Then just play the snot out of without worry.

syco

Reaction score
I don't do a lot of "heavy " songs . I notice a very slight difference in the voicing ( active/passive ) of the fluence pickups . Not knocking them , but has anybody that plays more "metal" oriented music and used these pickups noticed a substantial difference in the voicing ?

noodlingguitars

Reaction score
I don't do a lot of "heavy " songs . I notice a very slight difference in the voicing ( active/passive ) of the fluence pickups . Not knocking them , but has anybody that plays more "metal" oriented music and used these pickups noticed a substantial difference in the voicing ?
It's mainly the amount / where the mids go - so if you pull up (on voicing, not split), you'll notice that basically what it does is lower the output slightly, accentuates a different part of the mids a bit and also makes the bass end less tight and sounds slightly less compressed. It's actually more noticeable on clean/crunch - just do a couple of double stops and you'll hear it.

Latest Threads