Epi LP Vs. Gibby LP BLIND!!!!!

LEFTY LES

Banned
Reaction score
Well can you tell which is which????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQSBOz2rwJs&feature=related]YouTube - Gibson vs. Epiphone Blind Test[/ame]

Jody

Reaction score
oh boy....
can-of-worms-1.jpg

VastHorizon

Reaction score
Pickups, effects, and amps are variables too. Hear them unplugged and you can tell the difference. Believe me, I did.

And as Greg said before, good wood can compensate for bad pickups. Good pickups cannot save bad wood.

Akahito

Reaction score
Good idea for a thread. Let's have someone who owns both do a comparison on both with the same amp and settings with nothing in between and no band in the background, same strings would be great too. True, the authentic comparison is trying the guitars out unplugged, however nobody plays the guitars unplugged. The feel you get and the sound you hear ultimately affect each other, but as much as there's differences in taste in that field, the real judge will be the audience who hears you play. If it sounds good, it is good.

Sky

Reaction score
Good idea for a thread. Let's have someone who owns both do a comparison on both with the same amp and settings with nothing in between and no band in the background, same strings would be great too. True, the authentic comparison is trying the guitars out unplugged, however nobody plays the guitars unplugged. The feel you get and the sound you hear ultimately affect each other, but as much as there's differences in taste in that field, the real judge will be the audience who hears you play. If it sounds good, it is good.

Yeah, that would be nice :D

terence_tez

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hmm...i actually find the epi better sounding to my ears...

Alex Moody

Reaction score
Yeah i liked the epi better on that example too.I usually hear a little better tonal depth with a Gibson,but not here.A better test would be to use exactly the same set up for both guitars,which i don't think was done here.I think you could spot the Gibson quite easily.

Shifty

Reaction score
Simple really.....

The Epi player has more money left over to buy more beer, thus plays his solo better. :D

inxs996

Banned
Reaction score
thats great, i honestly went into that video with no bias, and i found the first clip had more body and tone, whereas the second clip, sounded to treblely, if thats a word...

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Meh, someone needs to take an Epiphone and a Gibson, play one, unplug, play the other. Something that Dice did. With everything stock you should be able to tell fairly well which is which, at least I can in a guitar center.

calibud

Reaction score
Yeah you guys beat me to the pup, amps, etc...

overdriver

Banned
Reaction score
thats great, i honestly went into that video with no bias, and i found the first clip had more body and tone, whereas the second clip, sounded to treblely, if thats a word...
I have heard this before ,the clips that is , and what you are describing (IMO)as more body and tone as compared to the second clip, is what most guys that complain about, as in the Epi pups sounding muddier than Gibson.

dennistruckdriver

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have heard this before ,the clips that is , and what you are describing (IMO)as more body and tone as compared to the second clip, is what most guys that complain about, as in the Epi pups sounding muddier than Gibson.

...and besides, how can an accurate comparison be made in an internet clip? I know my computer speakers are not good enough by far to give an accurate reproduction.

overdriver

Banned
Reaction score
...and besides, how can an accurate comparison be made in an internet clip? I know my computer speakers are not good enough by far to give an accurate reproduction.

Yeah this is ture! hey Merry Christmas Dennis!:thumb: And eveyone else of course.

inxs996

Banned
Reaction score

well that might be true if you are hearing one internet clip and the other from say a iPod,

but these were both listened to on the internet, so they should be somewhat equal as far as tonal quality goes..

and i am listening to these through very good computer speakers, Altec Lansing to be exact, so they came through very clear...

inxs996

Banned
Reaction score

well i disagree, i felt that the first clip sounded way more accurate to the original songs tone...

Latest Threads