Epi Les Paul 50s vs 1959

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Good to know for sure, glad it has a long tenon neck. I am thinking the site is wrong for the Les Paul Custom as well, since I would definitely think the Custom will have a long tenon neck.

Last edited:

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Epiphones website does not show a Long Tenon neck for the 50's or 60's Standard. Not even the Epiphone Les Paul Custom has a Long Tenon neck according to Epiphones website.

The 50s has it for sure. I looked when I put my Wolfetones in.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Good to know for sure, glad it has a long tenon neck. I am thinking the site is wrong for the Les Paul Custom as well, since I would definitely think the Custom will have a long tenon neck.

i will look for the pics for my 2020 custom. the guitar has the cut out where the long neck tenon would be and you can see the neck tenon where it's glued you can acyually see it in the pup cavity but they cut it off flush.. i would have to dig the picture up to show you guys but NO it doesn't have the long neck tenon which i think is a shame since it's already got the cut out in the body for it and you can see the tenon wich you cant see on the other guitars if that makes sende?? i will post the pics later....

rbraad68

Reaction score
custom long 01.jpg

This is my 2020 custom and kinda hard to see but if you look you can see where they routed it out and also the neck tenon showing flush with the body. sucks cause it was prob made with the long neck tenon and they routed it out who knows right...?

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought the Epiphone Inspired by Gibson Les Paul Customs would for sure have a long tenon neck to match Gibson, but I guess not.

rbraad68

Reaction score
The 59 has a long tenon neck, Gibson Burstbucker 2/3 pickups and a case. Both have upgraded electronics with 50's wiring. The 50's has regular set neck, Probucker 1/2 pickups and no case. I think the 50's neck is a little bit chunkier than the 59, but I can't remember. I know I hate the Slash guitars, the neck is a baseball bat.

my slash isn't as chunky as my 50's guitar... the 50's standard also has the long neck tenon but yeah no case...

USTTRM

Reaction score
Trogly opened up the 50s Epiphone and yes it does have a long tenon. I’m curious about the custom having it as well.

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A lot of the Gibson Les Paul Customs that weren’t “custom Shop Reissues” of a certain model didn’t have long neck tenons.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Trogly opened up the 50s Epiphone and yes it does have a long tenon. I’m curious about the custom having it as well.
Here is my 50's opened up. Hard to see cause i don't want to remove the sticker but you can plainly see the long neck temon. I have to say hat for what this guitar cost me at the time ( 499 New ) It is every bit as good of a player than all my higher end epi's .. I think these 50's guitars hit way above the price point..
sd 05.jpg

Attachments

• custom pro buckers 01.jpg
    custom pro buckers 01.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 6

Latest Threads