Epi Junior

marc1kim

Reaction score

Sirzach

Reaction score
Pretty cool read, i like what he did with it.

I was seriously debating on getting one of those limited edition red epi juniors for like 90 bucks, and modding it like crazy.

Saving for something else though.

The Refugee

Reaction score
Pretty cool read, i like what he did with it.

I was seriously debating on getting one of those limited edition red epi juniors for like 90 bucks, and modding it like crazy.

Saving for something else though.

It's funny... I had that same idea a few days ago... :hmm:

marc1kim

Reaction score
Yeah for the price you cant beat it. My sister-in-law had one, and it wasn't too bad. But I woulda changed the tuners and electronics. It's a guiar you can literally beat the crap out of and not have any guilt.

The Refugee

Reaction score
Since my birthday is coming up, I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on the soon enough.

I'll post pics if I decide to go through with it.

brianugly

Reaction score
Ask River, his Epi LP Jr is one of his favorite guitars...and its very nice!

River

Reaction score
Ask River, his Epi LP Jr is one of his favorite guitars...and its very nice!
Mine turned out great, but it was higher-end to start with, at 2.5 times the price (and I thought that was cheap!).

The stock Grovers on mine are the equal or better of those on guitars for which I paid ten times that. If I believed in Juniors with 'buckers, though, I'd give one of these a shot for a similar project.

brianugly

Reaction score
Mine turned out great, but it was higher-end to start with, at 2.5 times the price (and I thought that was cheap!).

The stock Grovers on mine are the equal or better of those on guitars for which I paid ten times that. If I believed in Juniors with 'buckers, though, I'd give one of these a shot for a similar project.

I forget, what kind is your Jr? I know it has a p90 and a bigsby...

River

Reaction score
I forget, what kind is your Jr? I know it has a p90 and a bigsby...
It's the limited-edition '57 reissue. SD Antiquity, new pots and cap, shielded, B-5, Graph-tec bridge, speed knobs, and Plek job. The tuners and nut are stock, and I don't know if the Plek did any cutting on the nut or not.

003.jpg

Original frets, Plek'd (they are "perfect"):

004-7.jpg

004-8.jpg

002-7.jpg

marc1kim

Reaction score
River, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of those Epi 57 reissues, and thin the herd down. I had an eye opening experience at GC that really opened my mind to Epi after playing Gibson exclusively for 20 years.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Relic work on Poly just never looks right.

I know from experience! :laugh2:

River's Epi Jr is one of my favorite guitars on the forum. If I come across a good deal on a set neck P90 Epi Junior, I'll be all over it!

brianugly

Reaction score
Relic work on Poly just never looks right.

I know from experience! :laugh2:

River's Epi Jr is one of my favorite guitars on the forum. If I come across a good deal on a set neck P90 Epi Junior, I'll be all over it!

It has a lot of mojo that is for sure!!!

Latest Threads