Epi Dot strap button

Victek

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's safe to put a strap button in the upper horn of a Dot to improve the balance? If not any suggestions? I have some "neck dive" using the standard button on the back at the base of the neck.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's safe to put a strap button in the upper horn of a Dot to improve the balance? If not any suggestions? I have some "neck dive" using the standard button on the back at the base of the neck.
It is NOT safe.....

Get a wide leather-strap

dennis g

Reaction score
It's been done, but I haven't tried it. Go to the Epiphone forum and pm member Tweed2. He has some instructions on how to do this. Basically, you need to install a wood "plug" in the upper bout horn, then screw the straplock into it.

Edit: Pete posted while I was responding, but his point is valid. I use a Levy's 2 1/2" suede strap and have no neck dive issues with my Dot

Victek

Reaction score
It's been done, but I haven't tried it. Go to the Epiphone forum and pm member Tweed2. He has some instructions on how to do this. Basically, you need to install a wood "plug" in the upper bout horn, then screw the straplock into it.

Edit: Pete posted while I was responding, but his point is valid. I use a Levy's 2 1/2" suede strap and have no neck dive issues with my Dot
Thanks, I'll check in the Epiphone forum, but it would certainly be easier to try a different strap first :)

Edit: I found Tweed2's info about gluing a block in the horn to screw a strap button into - too ambitious for me, but a great idea if done well.

56GT

Reaction score
It's not recommended, unless you want to install a wall screw anchor. :laugh2:

Latest Threads