Epi 57 Goldtop at Sam Ash

sasquatch

Reaction score
Epiphone Les Paul 57 Goldtop Electric Guitar | Sam Ash Music 1-800-4-SAMASH

When did these show up?
As far as I can tell, Sam Ash is the only place listing these. They're not on the Epiphone website either.

The look nice. Hopefully they don't have that super sparkly paint that the 56 has.
Like in last months catalog? Hello. While everyone was still searching for the
P-90 version I saw this one. Then...somehow....I started thinking P-90's too....and forgot all about This guitar here.
*-A Sam Ash Exclusive-*
Thanks for reminding me, but gas has passed.
I've got enough 'humbucker' guitars.:D

Mattdive

Reaction score
Looks like this has a mahogany top on a mahogany body (solid, they say). My guess is that with a solid finish like a gold top, they're using at least a 3 piece top. It's likely that the sound is a bit different from maple-topped Pauls (but I don't own one, so not sure).
Anyone have one of these?

excessive81

Reaction score
Those are not sparkle afaik
i looked at one a couple weeks ago. if you reffering to the gibson gold top finish rather then the epiphone sparkle gold top finish then this is still a sparkle as far as i could tell. it was setting by a gibson and they are not the same. epi was def more of a sparkle metallic paint rather then the look of the gibson(not sure how to describe it)

excessive81

Reaction score
any one got sam ash coupon code. i think i gonna buy one o these

fry

Reaction score
I bought this guitar from Sam Ash after reading about it on the Gibson forums. It has Gibson PAF 57 Classic/Classic+ humbuckers in it. They are coil tapped with push/pull tone knobs. No mention of these details in Sam Ash's description. Also has Epiphone straplocks, and the 3-way switch looks to be an upgrade from the usual switch found on an Epiphone. This thing is super sweet, especially for $499.

LongLostBrother71

Reaction score
yea before this was only in like an etilist version. good to see this is out. more than likely this will be my next guitar. i have the 56 but now want the 57 lol. id actually be willing to trade with money on top.

btw lightly watersanding (hardly any water of course) with fine grit sandpaper will take that extreme shinyness off and resemble atleast a little closer to gibsons gold, which is what i did. otherwise it looks kinna fakey in my opinion.

fry

Reaction score
Mine is darker than the picture, almost has a copper tint to it. Still plenty sparkly, though. I dig it. They actually had it for $429 recently, but I couldn't get the money lined up in time.

LongLostBrother71

Reaction score
Mine is darker than the picture, almost has a copper tint to it. Still plenty sparkly, though. I dig it. They actually had it for $429 recently, but I couldn't get the money lined up in time.
yea my 56 was the same way. whats up with these pictures they put on the websites and catalogs? its like they use a white background then turn the flash up. they made the 56 look hideous but looks alot better in person.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I still think it looks sweet. I would buy a lot of the Goldtops if I could.

Mike.B.

Reaction score
I bought this guitar from Sam Ash after reading about it on the Gibson forums. It has Gibson PAF 57 Classic/Classic+ humbuckers in it. They are coil tapped with push/pull tone knobs. No mention of these details in Sam Ash's description. Also has Epiphone straplocks, and the 3-way switch looks to be an upgrade from the usual switch found on an Epiphone. This thing is super sweet, especially for $499.
:photos:

Bandit79

Reaction score
I recently bought mine at Sam Ash for $467.61. As said, it's loaded with Mallory 150 caps, Gibson 57/57+ classics. Also has the Epi "straplocks". Push/Pull tone pots for Series/Parallel Not coil tapping as some might assume.

Here's a picture I just took of the pickups

EDIT: Sorry for the small ass picture, I didn't know my phones camera was set at a low resolution(Stupid droid). I'll get better pics of her tomorrow.

Attachments

fry

Reaction score
Well, this is embarrassing. I am a noob, and can't for the life of me figure out how to attatch photos of this guitar. Anybody?

sjmckean

Reaction score
I'm not sure about this. This is model nr ENP7MGNH3-P. The one with 50sr / 60st pups is ENP7MGNH3. I don't know what the difference is. Epi did release a 57 Goldtop under the Elitist series that also had the 50sr / 60st pups. Here's the link.

Epiphone Elitist

The Elitist model said Elitist on the truss rod cover. The ENP7MGNH3 and ENP7MGNH3-P Both say Les Paul Standard, even though the NH3 has the 50sr/60st pups. The NH3-P at Sam Ash says H-H.

It's all so confusing! Maybe Sam Ash doesn't know what they have.

djwilbanks

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this. This is model nr ENP7MGNH3-P. The one with 50sr / 60st pups is ENP7MGNH3. I don't know what the difference is. Epi did release a 57 Goldtop under the Elitist series that also had the 50sr / 60st pups. Here's the link.

Epiphone Elitist

The Elitist model said Elitist on the truss rod cover. The ENP7MGNH3 and ENP7MGNH3-P Both say Les Paul Standard, even though the NH3 has the 50sr/60st pups. The NH3-P at Sam Ash says Alnico V.

It's all so confusing! Maybe Sam Ash doesn't know what they have.
Well, it's obvious it's not an Elitist, so I think they have a pretty good idea of what they have. :)

sjmckean

Reaction score
I recently bought mine at Sam Ash for $467.61. As said, it's loaded with Mallory 150 caps, Gibson 57/57+ classics. Also has the Epi "straplocks". Push/Pull tone pots for Series/Parallel Not coil tapping as some might assume.

Here's a picture I just took of the pickups

EDIT: Sorry for the small ass picture, I didn't know my phones camera was set at a low resolution(Stupid droid). I'll get better pics of her tomorrow.
What does the truss rod cover say? Elitist? Or Les Paul Standard?

sjmckean

Reaction score
Well, it's obvious it's not an Elitist, so I think they have a pretty good idea of what they have. :)
Yeah, but there's a guy in this post saying he has one with the 56rt/60st pups, Mallory caps, etc for $467 from Sam Ash. I'm saying maybe it's the same guitar with a different truss rod cover.

There is nothing on the Epi Les Paul Standard site about this guitar. I found this one in England. http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/product-detail.asp?id=9678. It's advertised as a Les Paul Standard too, but has the American 56 pups, like the Elitist. Do you think it might be the same guitar?

Latest Threads