End of life visions

matthew bear

Reaction score
WTF is the point of that then?
Why is a point necessary? What do you want the point to be?

Once upon a time, I really struggled with my "purpose" after the narrative purpose I had been assigned went down the toilet... Now a days, I just do what I want and be nice... I think I probably do more worthwhile things operating in a nihilistic state than i did under the umbrella I was raised in :hmm:

mdubya

Reaction score
Wait,im gonna die..im not immortal?-crap :confused: :).
Live forever or die trying. It is the only way.

Read an article a while back that some scientists think the soul may indeed continue to exist post death in as much as it melds back into the universe from whence it came as energy rather than remaining a conscious being sitting on a cloud playing a harp/LP and drinking a beer like we've all been promised...

WTF is the point of that then?

One of the great characters of all time.

Death Incarnate

Premium V.I.P.
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No way.. are you kidding me??
Don't feel bad. I didn't know either.
yeah man she was born in '71, that movie came out in '86, (and that's the release date), it might've been filmed in '85 when she was 14.
Incorrect.

Beetlejuice came out in 1988 - Tim Burton's 2nd movie, after 1985's Pee Wee's Big Adventure, and before 1989's Batman. I saw Beetlejuice in the theatre in 4th grade, being taken to it by my ultra religious parents, who thought it was a quirky comedy, and instead had their son's mind opened to a whole new world he had never seen.

Your geek status is on warning status, Mal!

archey

Reaction score
Incorrect.

Beetlejuice came out in 1988 - Tim Burton's 2nd movie, after 1985's Pee Wee's Big Adventure, and before 1989's Batman. I saw Beetlejuice in the theatre in 4th grade, being taken to it by my ultra religious parents, who thought it was a quirky comedy, and instead had their son's mind opened to a whole new world he had never seen.

So if Ryder was born in 1971 and the movie was made in 1988 she was 17, but probably 16 during the filming.

Wait a minute! This was supposed to be a thread about existential issues, not the legality of banging a beetlejuice era Winona Ryder! How does this kind of thing always happen here?

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Incorrect.

277DC9EE-D3B9-4D6D-B666-A12D5A42F6A1.jpeg

lpfan1980

Reaction score
So if Ryder was born in 1971 and the movie was made in 1988 she was 17, but probably 16 during the filming.

Wait a minute! This was supposed to be a thread about existential issues, not the legality of banging a beetlejuice era Winona Ryder! How does this kind of thing always happen here?
Winona Ryder was born in 71 in the town she was named after Winona and she said she was stuffed in lockers by other girls in school wait were we not chatting about death.....

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Incorrect.

Lol, i should've looked it up. Still, ... jailbait.

Sct13

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was a nurse in a very busy ER in Detroit. I watched many "expire" ….Draw their last breath so to speak.

Story # 1

I was a "new" nurse and had charge of a guy who had an arrhythmia, or a heart beat that wasn't normal. He was hooked up to the monitor, awake and talking to me. We were having a conversation he was sitting up smiling and chatting away. I remember looking at his numbers (on the screen) I turned to spike his IV bag and prime the line, when I turned to hang the bag he just stopped talking midsentence and his head kind of relaxed. It took one glance at the monitor to see his heart had slipped into V-tach (ventricular tachycardia) which is a non sustainable rhythm. I called out code Blue and staff descended on him. It got busy real fast.

It was that hospitals rule that the nurse giving care becomes the scribe, so now your writing everything down,,,times, medications dosages....everything....They got his rhythm back a few times then he was asystole, then normal sinus, he was breathing. they whisked him away to cardiac ICU.....

He lived, I saw him up and around down in the lobby one day (a few weeks later) and he said …."hey we never got to finish our conversation" I was stunned....I had trouble remembering his face....let alone what we were talking about....Amazing.

Story #2

I was in the same ER but in the critical - Critical care unit of the ER, you only get two patients in that area because they are very critical, well in walks the charge nurse, who says I'm getting a third patient and not to worry...she is an easy one...she gives me report ( a thing nurses do when they hand off a patient to another nurse)

This person needed their battery changed on an artificial heart pump....!! What???? I said. I think that's a bit above my pay grade! Where is the cardiologist?

So anyway …..this patient comes in and they are wearing a utility belt kind of thing, and there were cables running into the clothing, Fully dressed not a hospital patient....with car keys in hand! I assumed this individual drove in....

The patient explained to me the procedure of changing the batteries, and there would be a second of the motor stopping and their blood pressure will drop, they will go limp, and come to as soon as the whirring motor gets their blood pressure back up…...Now ...at this moment I'm thinking of the robot on Lost in space....and I'm about to pull his power pack!!

The patient explained the whole contraption, and let me listen to their chest with a stethoscope.....yep there was a machine in there pumping blood and keeping their brain alive.....yes they drove in...

I followed procedure and changed the batteries, the patient went limp on the bed and woke up a second later with no ill effects....

in case anyone is wondering, both batteries are completing the circuit, its a relay that causes the delay, this was to not burn out any components because you could not pull the old battery until the new one was working....No special training was required.....

I have a gazillion more ER stories....but those tow were profound examples of human resistance in defeating death ...albeit...temporarily.

I have never seen a soul leave the body.....I have only seen life leave the eyes.The roar of mortality was deafening