Emperor cabs ruckus over at Marshall Forum

BigAl

Reaction score
their official response makes me think that this whole thing is not a big deal. One moron employee made a jackass comment - he didn't speak for the company, clearly, and no longer works there.

"ok everyone, we understand that the statement made on this page yesterday has caused some big rifts, and while we are very supportive of those who are coming to our defense, we also realize the person who made the post was totally out of line, and they have been dealt with accordingly (fired). We don’t use this platform often, mostly because we are too busy building, designing and shipping our products to all of you. This post caught our attention very late (after a customer called and informed us, seriously we are almost never on facebook)….we fired the person responsible even though we also know they were not trying to be offensive….but that is their fault, not ours. We were trying to lighten the mood with our second statement, but obviously this backfired as well. At the end of the day, those who know us will understand this was a giant mishap that snowballed out of control. Like i said before, who doesn’t like marshall? All we can do is get back to business as usual, which is building the best cabs/amps we can, and apologize for letting one unprofessional idiot make such a statement."

+1

TOMMYTHUNDERS

Reaction score
i have several friends who exclusively play emperor cabs. they really are very nice, but over-priced imo.

this was dumb.

Big John

MLP: mid life pimple
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
FIxmpvmX0AoXwM6.jpg_large.jpg

efstop

What the hell's wrong with you?
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, Emperor Cabinets survived the kerfuffle. Still making cabs in Chicago.

rich85

Reaction score
I didn’t know about this until now.

Thanks internet.

Even though I live in Australia, play combo amps and would never get a cab custom built from overseas anyway, they definitely lost my business over that post they apologised for anyway also are you seriously still reading what I am typing here or are you going to do something useful with your time? You don’t need to read everything that someone posts, at best just skim read it and then develop and opinion. Even better still just read the thread title then come in with an opinion.

matthew bear

Reaction score
Emperor cabs look to be quite nice, actually

Maybe not the classiest comment, but canceling people for 11 year old comments ain’t my thing :dunno:

lunchbox

Reaction score
They changed their FB profile.

So, I'm going to throw some oily rags on the fire and post what they originally said:

HAvS0.jpg
Kind of a dumb thing to post when you’re just making the same cabinets that have been made for the last 60 or so years. lol

Pot: meet kettle.

Torren61

Reaction score
Jim Marshall: "Hey Eric, Pete. I know I'm just a drummer but what do you think about these 4 X 12 cabs? Anything I should change?"

PageSide84

Reaction score
Old comment aside, I also heard the main dude who designed and built their cabinets left and started Tyrant. Whether that matters or not is something I have no idea about.

I'd looked at them both and wound up getting an Atlas cab, instead. Thing is an absolute beast. The wait time is pretty long, but I'd recommend Atlas cabs to anyone considering a custom cab.

EDIT: In case anyone cares about a similar competitor's cabinet in a ten-year-old thread:
c5Zmndq.jpg

Latest Threads