'Emo' jokes

notoperational

Reaction score
What makes them so funny to the older generation?

I mean they were funny when they were funny, like in 1999 when somebody first said that they wished their lawn was emo so it would cut itself. But, what is so funny now? Your all almost a decade late for the emo joke band-wagon.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So is this public service announcement :laugh2::laugh2:

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's funny because emos are huge pussies that listen to shitty music. They are on the bottom of my social darwinist scale.

Jason

Reaction score
It's a teen thing, anyone older than that who gives a shit probably needs to grow up. It's no different than any of the other social groups teens have always had.

River

Reaction score
I never even knew that existed until MLP. :shock: :laugh2:
I didn't either. Thankfully.

My theory is that the "emo thing" has transcended its original definition and now just provides a path to advising people not to feel sorry for themselves. And it's not just the "older generation" that's still along for the ride.

hay-be-nice-emokitteh-is-sensitive.jpg

notoperational

Reaction score
It's funny because emos are huge pussies that listen to shitty music. They are on the bottom of my social darwinist scale.

You sound like a belligerent redneck.

It's a teen thing, anyone older than that who gives a shit probably needs to grow up. It's no different than any of the other social groups teens have always had.

Anybody that actually listens to "emo" music is probably in their 30's and was a really cool, hipster in the early 90s.

I never even knew that existed until MLP. :shock: :laugh2:

But it really doesn't.

notoperational

Reaction score
I just don't get the whole emo joke, I really don't. There was actual good bands from that whole movement and aside from a handful of people on here, I doubt any of you have ever herd them.

I agree emo jokes are funny, but come on. Your wearing it out! haha

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Redneck? I hate country just as much as emo music.

River

Reaction score
This is getting a bit ironic.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Listining to country music has nothing to do with being a redneck.

Jason

Reaction score
Oh you mean the actual music genre known as "emo"? I just never acknowledged that it existed. :D

Jason

Reaction score
Here's my thoughts: Look, there's emotion in just about every kind of music... and the word "emo", imo doesn't accurately describe the music to me. Emotional? So what?? Couldn't that be the blues or rock? It's more like insecure whining and wallowing in misery. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a guy being emotional, but I'm not going to pay to listen to some guy whine about how some girl stood him up in the park. Maybe the music really does help some people out but I would think it just makes most people more depressed. Same thing with a lot of the grunge stuff that was popular in the early 90s.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I like Kenny Chesney ...:laugh2:

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
I like Panic at the disco.. make me Emo??? huh??

Jeff :hmm::hmm:

Latest Threads