Elon Musk Bulldozers Forest!

lunchbox

Reaction score
That forest grew over what was an area covered in unexploded bombs, munitions and a lot more left over from WW2. I wish those workers luck in not being blown sky-high.
I lived in Kladow, Germany outside of Berlin for a few months back in 2005. I used to have a metal detector and go into the forests looking for WWII items; found lots of cool stuff. I heard rumors that all the leftover ordinance from the Luftwaffe, Heer and SS in Berlin during WWII was buried next to the airport (the main airport for the airlift after WWII). So I headed on down there to see if it was true. Sure enough, buried about 20' from the walking path that people use all the time and less than 12" deep was a big ass, 16" diameter or so bomb that I uncovered in a matter of 10 seconds of looking. I stopped digging and sweeped around. Essentially, I was standing on a huge pile of bombs.

Then it all blew up and I died. True story.

2020-02-14_9-14-11.jpg

lancpudn

Reaction score
Love him or loathe him Elon keeps coming up smelling of roses! Tesla has already submitted their application in for subsidies to the state of Brandenburg to the tune of €100million+ in federal subsidies for bringing EV tech & jobs to the area. :eek2:

Germany has just raised their EV subsidies from €4000 to €6000/car for EV's costing up to €40000 & €5000 subsidies for EV's costing over.until 2025, Germany's native car manufacturers are struggling to put it mildly and Mercedes Benz are knee deep in the brown stuff.

The way things are going Tesla will be able get another "Free" Gigafactory 5 in lieu of EU ZEV credits before much longer.:dude:

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Elon wins...again and again and again...because he rocks.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Love him or loathe him Elon keeps coming up smelling of roses! Tesla has already submitted their application in for subsidies to the state of Brandenburg to the tune of €100million+ in federal subsidies for bringing EV tech & jobs to the area. :eek2:

Germany has just raised their EV subsidies from €4000 to €6000/car for EV's costing up to €40000 & €5000 subsidies for EV's costing over.until 2025, Germany's native car manufacturers are struggling to put it mildly and Mercedes Benz are knee deep in the brown stuff.

The way things are going Tesla will be able get another "Free" Gigafactory 5 in lieu of EU ZEV credits before much longer.:dude:
WTF is the money coming from to pay someone €4000 to €6000 per car? That’s a friggin fortune, and why?

Ive got no dog in this race in Europe, but to me that seems like an absolutely obscene waste of public money...

cheers

Rando375

Premium Member
Reaction score
WTF is the money coming from to pay someone €4000 to €6000 per car? That’s a friggin fortune, and why?

Ive got no dog in this race in Europe, but to me that seems like an absolutely obscene waste of public money...

cheers
In layman's terms - Germany is bankrupting it's domestic car producers by paying people to buy ev's. AND the 4000 payoff wasn't enough so they had to up it to 6000. Got it...

giphy-27.gif

Last edited:

sk8rat

Reaction score
yeah, that's why he did it.

the guy that doesn't have a facebook, did it for facebook likes.

not to test the most powerful rocket ON earth, not to show NASA that they can get to the moon again, not to prove that FH is a viable option for launching a payload out of the earth's gravitational grip to mars or ???

no, he did it for the facebook likes that he'll never receive, never see etc.

it's more believable that he did it to get david bowie into space in that starman outfit, with a dead hooker in the trunk.

personally not a fan of Elon myself. i like the cars and i love space exploration. but the pedo comment turned me sour on the guy.
you took my point too literally but the sentiment is still the same. he did it just to do it. to prove he could do it. if he did it for reasons other than to publicize himself he wouldn't try to be a celebrity so much. he loves the attention more than anything. he panders to the youth by making shitty music, dating some gross hipster, going on joe rogans podcast to smoke weed and tweeting "funny" things all the time.

im not saying the guy hasn't made a lot of things happen, but his number one goal is building himself into a household name.

lancpudn

Reaction score

cheers
The money to pay for that BEV subsidy is being put on the price of ICE vehicles to the tune of €1750/car :shock: It's getting squeaky bum time over there! they announced the other day they're axing 15000 jobs at MB & axing some models from production, S class & E class have been mentioned in the press & their X-Class pick up truck is being discontinued.

These drastic measures from them are to do with them not being able to meet their emission limits, They're going to get clobbered for enormous fines, With MB being a luxury big car maker they are allowed a higher emission limit, the limit for most of the other car manufacturers is 95g/Km, Off the top of my head MB is something like 104g/Km and they cant meet it. BMW are allowed something like 102g/Km.

Last edited:

lancpudn

Reaction score
meanwhile in the industrial cities of China, India and the Ukraine its business as usual.

these countries must be overjoyed at the Europeans apparent will to decimate their own industries
Beijing Benz might be rolling of the lips soon!

Olds442

Reaction score
you took my point too literally but the sentiment is still the same. he did it just to do it. to prove he could do it. if he did it for reasons other than to publicize himself he wouldn't try to be a celebrity so much. he loves the attention more than anything. he panders to the youth by making shitty music, dating some gross hipster, going on joe rogans podcast to smoke weed and tweeting "funny" things all the time.

im not saying the guy hasn't made a lot of things happen, but his number one goal is building himself into a household name.
in order for a rocket to get certified, it has to have a successful test flight. Falcon Heavy's test flight was a success, and since then has launched payloads to space. that's nothing more than usual space business.

adding the car as a payload was his idea yes, for the fun of it. and people got a charge out of seeing the EV in space.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
anyone who thinks musk is doing what he's doing to save the planet is wrong. he's doing it to leave a legacy, to be famous. if he cared about the environment he wouldn't be using rocket fuel to send a car into space for facebook likes.

I get that you need to crack some eggs to make an omelet but this has far surpassed that.
Ego, and money. Period.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Uh huh. Selling carbon credits and raking in subsidies. So when does it become a REAL business that makes things and turns a real profit ON ITS OWN?

Olds442

Reaction score
Uh huh. Selling carbon credits and raking in subsidies. So when does it become a REAL business that makes things and turns a real profit ON ITS OWN?
but that's exactly what they're doing. they are a business following the laws, selling credits is just like selling cars. it's not Tesla's fault that every other car mfg isn't where they are, those mfgs are exactly where they chose to be, at this time.

fuck em. they didn't follow the rules/laws/etc. Tesla should cash in as big as they can on that, just like every other company would in their shoes.

i make no claim that anything is morally right, ethically right, socially right, bla bla bla. this is business, what matters is what's legal.