Elineke Les Paul 1 2017

RonP

Reaction score
Looks fantastic, Scott

How long does it take you to get to this stage these days? It seems like you're really efficient at making them.

jdto

Pretend Human
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man, you are doing some fantastic stuff.

ExNihilo

Reaction score
Thank you very much.

Ron, it would only take me a couple of days to get this far, and I could probably build a complete guitar in a week (50-70 hours) if I were to do it full-time. However, I can only really build on Mondays, so that strteches out the process into months.

Here is a tip on drilling the jack hole, which is one of the last things I do in a build.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CbQScIG9_c[/ame]

redking

Reaction score

Sorry Scott!! I couldn't resist!! :)

Thank you very much.

Ron, it would only take me a couple of days to get this far, and I could probably build a complete guitar in a week if I were to do it full-time. How ever, I can only really build on Mondays, so that strteches out the process into months.

Here is a tip on drilling the jack hole, which is one of the last things I do in a build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CbQScIG9_c

David W

Reaction score
Sorry guys, gonna show my ignorance here... what is the meaning behind "Elineke? Google isn't giving me help so.....

redking

Reaction score
I'm guessing someone's name whom the guitar is being built for?
Sorry guys, gonna show my ignorance here... what is the meaning behind "Elineke? Google isn't giving me help so.....

ExNihilo

Reaction score
It's the head stock logo. Rather than ExNihilo, I use the name Elineke.

jdto

Pretend Human
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your wife's name, right?

ExNihilo

Reaction score
Yes, and it is her signature. It started as kind of a joke actually. When I would go to work on a guitar she would joke and say, "You're going to spend time with the other woman..." So, I photocopied her signature and sent it to TJ to have him make up an MOP inlay of it for a build. That way, when she said, "You're going to spend time with the other woman," I could reply, "I'm going to spend time with my Elineke." Well, when I got the inlay I thought it was so neat (and superior to ExNihilo), that I ordered some more. They make my builds that much more special to me. :thumb:

jdto

Pretend Human
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, and it is her signature. It started as kind of a joke actually. When I would go to work on a guitar she would joke and say, "You're going to spend time with the other woman..." So, I photocopied her signature and sent it to TJ to have him make up an MOP inlay of it for a build. That way, when she said, "You're going to spend time with the other woman," I could reply, "I'm going to spend time with my Elineke." Well, when I got the inlay I thought it was so neat (and superior to ExNihilo), that I ordered some more. They make my builds that much more special to me. :thumb:
See? Sometimes I pay attention :D

I think it's a cool logo and I like the story behind it, too.

David W

Reaction score
What an incredible gesture and fantastic story! My wife and I have been married for 27 years now, so we can certainly relate since I spend a great deal of time in my basement shop. Thanks for sharing!

Koolaide

Reaction score
Nice Scott. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Where is that darn like button?

61LPSG

Reaction score
Scott,
Are you trying to flood the market?
Looks great as usual.

P.S. Elinikah (phonetically) is Greek for "Greek". Hence the misnomer Hellenic.

ExNihilo

Reaction score
So, I sprayed the burst on Monday.

I was originally happy with it. This is what it looked like just prior to spraying clear coats:

However, I don't know about it anymore. For some reason it doesn't look the same. I haven't sprayed many top coats as the weather went really bad. But, I don't know if I like this colour.

What do you think? What would you call this? Is this too orange? Is the yellow too deep? I don't know if I should leave or do it over.

nuance97

Premium Member
Reaction score
Too orange for my tastes, but to each their own. I prefer a deeper burgundy if an unfaded look is desired or a more brown look if a faded look is desired. But it's yours so...what I like is largely irrelevant

Nick-O

Reaction score
I was too busy being mesmerized by the grain pattern! You have the trained eye though, and perhaps in person it looks 'brighter' but I was just staring into the grain too much to be put off! Great top, just lovely

jdto

Pretend Human
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. A touch orange for my tastes, but boy does that top look fantastic!

Sunburstman

Reaction score
So, I sprayed the burst on Monday.

I was originally happy with it. This is what it looked like just prior to spraying clear coats:

However, I don't know about it anymore. For some reason it doesn't look the same. I haven't sprayed many top coats as the weather went really bad. But, I don't know if I like this colour.

What do you think? What would you call this? Is this too orange? Is the yellow too deep? I don't know if I should leave or do it over.

I think it looks great!!! to me the different colored burst's out there gives us a variety of faded looks!!!!:fingersx:

Latest Threads