El Degas Les Paul Custom copy

zeneffect

Reaction score
I wouldnt bite at that price. Not sure what actual value is, but my m'seeker was less and appears nicer.

El Greco

Reaction score
I like it! The inlays looks to be mother of pearl! Ask the seller if the fretboard is ebony! Also ask for the pickups, weight, body woods etc. Only then we can tell if the price is right!

BrainMan

Reaction score
It says mahogany neck and body and you can see the wood in the old strap button hole too and looks to be the right colour for mahogany. Pretty sure the fretboard is rosewood. Original pickups and internet research tells me that they're pretty heavy guitars.

If it's not sold already and the guy gets back to me, I'm gonna get it tonight hopefully. I've upped his offer to $600 if he wants to meet half way, hopefully he'll bite

El Greco

Reaction score
Don't rush! Ask for pictures of the pickup and control cavities! It looks like a vintage MIJ but we can't be sure about that! Also I would suggest (at least try) to lower the price a bit (not raise it to 600$ :D)

stilllifer

Reaction score
Hey BrainMan. I have the same guitar but mine is white, bolt-on and I have a Dimarzio Superdistortion in the bridge. Brass nut as well as this one. I would probably ask the same for mine if I were to sell it but I won't - ever...solid mahogany and it weighs 10lbs! I bet the set neck is even better. MOP inlays. My fretboard is rosewood or Brazilian rosewood - has a purple tinge to it. Has the preamp on-board switch to kick it into OD as well as this one. Buy this guitar man!!!

EDIT#1: Hey Vonserke! Great avatar man!
EDIT #2: Just saw this for comparison.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/kings...bo/1225213672?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

chasenblues

Reaction score
I'd ask what modifications were done, There's a switch by the volume nobs.

I'd also ask for picks of the pickup cavity routes and the bottom of the pickups.

That front pickup is lined up kinda funky..

dvl5yIZ.jpg

Bargaining points.

stilllifer

Reaction score
I'd ask what modifications were done, There's a switch by the volume nobs.

I'd also ask for picks of the pickup cavity routes and the bottom of the pickups.

That front pickup is lined up kinda funky..

dvl5yIZ.jpg

Bargaining points.

99% sure that switch is a preamp boost - mine is in the exact same spot.

Troy McClure

Reaction score
Here's an El Degas forum here where you might get a better idea of specs etc. Not sure I'd want to be spending $600 on what were probably low end mass imported guitars but at least you'll have it in hand to make your own decision on whether it's worth the price.

http://www.eldegas.com/forum/

dmoss74

Reaction score
i'd take a pass and look for a good condition edwards custom. the edwards' have ebony fret boards, too, not rw. i paid around what he's asking for mine, which is the ltc (lacquer taste). they also have full lacquer models, but they would be more. but if it's old mij you're looking for, that certainly would fit the bill.

good luck.

Hydrasports205

Reaction score
I don't usually put in my .02 on these deals, but for the kind of money you're looking to spend you can get more guitar. I think I was $450 or so in my last MIJ Burny Custom and it was phenomenal.

BrainMan

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. Looks like I'll be passing anyway, He's out of town and by the time he gets back I'll probably already have spent it on another guitar I've been wanting for a while now.

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
That is a great deal IMO.
Brass nut, MOP inlays etc.
Awesome.

Rock City

Reaction score
El Degas used to have plywood bodies. That didn't made them sound bad but the price should be considered twice.

Latest Threads