Einstein Under Scrutiny

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peace brother.
I'm just here for the cake and ice cream.
I bet in real life I'd have great respect for what you do and would enjoy sharing a beer.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Peace brother.
I bet in real life I'd have great respect for what you do and would enjoy sharing a beer.
Wait! You mean this ISN'T real life!:shock:

But, what about Einstein's Theory of Internet Face-Time...something or other?

;)

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I hope that his ancestors didn't own slaves, because if they did, they'll have to take his name off of all of those buildings...

HenryHill

Reaction score
Peace brother.

There is no cake.

There's never any cake.

The cake is a lie.

There is always beer.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I hope that his ancestors didn't own slaves, because if they did, they'll have to take his name off of all of those buildings...

:lol:....:facepalm:

Own slaves??:shock:
Einstein was an Ashkenazi Jew from Germany who moved to America to pursue his scientific work and escape the Nazis.
His ancestors were German Jews dating back to the turn of the 17th century.
I mean he hardly looks as if he's descended from slave traders now does he?

Tone deaf

Reaction score
:lol:....:facepalm:

Own slaves??:shock:
Einstein was an Ashkenazi Jew from Germany who moved to America to pursue his scientific work and escape the Nazis.
His ancestors were German Jews dating back to the turn of the 17th century.
I mean he hardly looks as if he's descended from slave traders now does he?

I should have put it in magenta. I was taking a swipe at our current politically correct wave of historical cleansing.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
It's sad that had to be introduced in this context.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I should have put it in magenta. I was taking a swipe at our current politically correct wave of historical cleansing.

Thank heaven's for that tone deaf, you had me worried about you there for a minute.. :laugh2:

Actinic

Reaction score
"If I could save time in a bottle,
the first thing that I'd like to do ..."

would be to save a mind as great as Albert's to use a century from his birth or death, to update his theories based on modern experiments. Even Stephen Hawking has had to revise his ideas. That's just the nature of science, and anyone working in a scientific field knows that the way the physical world behaves cannot be summarized exactly by any one equation or model. When you consider the possibility of multidimensional universes, anything is possible. Reality is mutable, and if a universe is filled with females of a species, I can say for certain that what you perceive to be the truth, and what she does, will never be the same. Take the inverse square law gravity model. Rubbish to a woman, who will posit that if this were true, then breasts would grow closer to each other. Lol. The N-body problem by its very nature implies that there is an interaction that goes beyond linear differential equations. Gravity is a field, and any experiment involving more than 3 bodies (e.g., strippers in space, or a field of large moving asteroids) will prove that science cannot predict where they will be in a year. This is the difference between physics and stochastics. Beware the female side of everything.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1rMeYnOmM[/ame]

hecube

Reaction score
Hello,
The key word in all of the equations being theory.

question-31842991.jpeg

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
They can do whatever they want with time. I just know that I don't have enough of it, except when I have too much.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHfB63ln1Ig&sns=em[/ame]

SJJMcGhee

Reaction score
We know that at best General Relativity is incomplete. Quantum mechanics is incompatible with relativity at the micro level. Sometime hopefully in the near future we will have a renormalizable (mathematically eliminates the infinities) theory of gravity that fits with QM and reconciles what we see at the macro level with what actually is happening at the micro level, but for now we know that Einstein is not 100% correct. I don't pretend to understand the math behind it, but we know that QM is 100% right, theres not been a single observation that tells us otherwise

Dr John Williamson is supposedly working on theory that unifies them.

He also takes 1st and 2nd year cross-course maths at Glasgow Uni :laugh2::laugh2:

I really hope he cracks it so I can say he's done some lectures I went to :laugh2:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Sometimes when I'm hot and thirsty, I can haz a beer in "no time".
Does that make me a time traveler?
I do think so.
'Cause after a few more I lose track of time.
:shock:

I don't know.
I might have special powers.
:dunno:

Latest Threads