EHX electric mistress vs neo mistress

Flores_68

Reaction score
I wanted a flanger pedal looking for vintage tones (mid 70's etc) but since I didn't intend to use it a lot, I didn't give the issue much thought and bought a Boss BF-3. Long story short, it's not organic and it's far from what I'd expected. I stashed it away and I was thinking of getting an EHX. Since I live in Brazil and I can only buy these items online, it boils down to getting a new Neo Mistress for the same price of a used Electric Mistress. I'm pleased with my chorus (Rocktron Deep Blue) so the fact that the neo is just a flanger is ok. In principle, I'd prefer buying a new product but I do want the best: has anyone tried both? Any thoughts?

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I can't speak for the Neo. I have owned both a Deluxe EM and a Stereo EM. The DEM was glorious but alas a pedalboard real estate hog. The SEM was terrible; a very finicky pedal that had neither a pleasing flanger or chorus effect. Sounded dreadful with distortion.

I'm curious to hear how a Neo sounds.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I just ordered myself a Deluxe Electric Mistress XO. Supposedly, the all-analog real deal in a smaller pedal and works on a 9v power supply. I was listening to a recording of myself on the DEM over 10 years ago. Made me realize how much I miss it and how nothing since has been a good replacement. The DEM is one of a kind.

Latest Threads