Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Ousted in Military Coup

fett

I can see for miles and smiles.
Platinum Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just back up a bit. What does the Western notion of democracy have any bearing on what's going on anywhere else? That's a bad premise. This whole "Arab Spring" had all those notions in mind. It is a grand notion. All you have to do is forget thousands of years of tribal or religious friction if not hate. It's so easy. We won the wars. We colonized the Middle East and Africa. We defined the borders to make countries. We made a new Iraq. My point? Those people have discovered the notion of "Freedom". They can't forget a deep inbred grudge. That will make all the Western good intentions pointless.

lǎo​wài

It's All About the Maos
Reaction score
Egypt bought into the "arab spring" crap from our liar/jetsetter/celebrity/golfer/"wannabe pimp" in chief. The jetsetter/golfplayer backed this guy and sent a sh1t ton of OUR money over there so Morsi could set up shop and oust the last "gypsy" that GW and Slick Willie backed (that left office BILLIONS richer). This is another egg in the face for the US and another example of piss poor foriegn policy. I don't see our Nobel Peace Prize winner making any speaches now.. He's sitting comfortably on the fence, with his binky and his thumb in his mouth. Like he does on any other foriegn policy issue, besides HE (HIM HIMSELF like some diety) solely killing bin laden from a room 2000 miles away.

'Murica needs another Decider.

Bring on Jeb!

tinman402

Reaction score
Is this the same Egyptian army that got demolished in 5 days by Israel?

River

Reaction score
lbmbath.jpg

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: Obama threatens use of U.S. Military to intervene in Egypt and restore Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood to power if the Egyptian Military does not do it first.

"I now call on the Egyptian military to move quickly and responsibly to return full authority back to a democratically elected civilian government as soon as possible through an inclusive and transparent process, and to avoid any arbitrary arrests of President Morsy and his supporters. Given today’s developments, I have also directed the relevant departments and agencies to review the implications under U.S. law for our assistance to the Government of Egypt." President Obama

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/03/obama-issues-statement-on-egypt/

parts

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: Obama threatens use of U.S. Military to intervene in Egypt and restore Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood to power if the Egyptian Military does not do it first.

"I now call on the Egyptian military to move quickly and responsibly to return full authority back to a democratically elected civilian government as soon as possible through an inclusive and transparent process, and to avoid any arbitrary arrests of President Morsy and his supporters. Given today’s developments, I have also directed the relevant departments and agencies to review the implications under U.S. law for our assistance to the Government of Egypt." President Obama

Obama issues statement on Egypt – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

How on earth do you stretch this to "Obama threatens use of U.S. Military to intervene in Egypt and restore Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood to power if the Egyptian Military does not do it first"

Hilarious..

The LAW enacted by Congress is that the US cannot provide monetary support for any country with an elected government taken over by Military Coup..this is not a new law ..MANY YEARS..
President Barack Obama spoke with Morsy this week and reiterated that the United States doesn't support a particular party or movement in Egypt, a U.S. statement said. Obama "stressed that democracy is about more than elections."

Senior administration officials told CNN that a military coup would trigger U.S. legislation that calls for cutting off all American aid to Egypt. Psaki confirmed there were conditions on aid, but said "that's way ahead of where we are in the process."

Good grief..

HenryHill

Reaction score

:hmm:

:run:

:facepalm:

:laugh2:

Um, no the president did not threaten US Military intervention.

As a democratically elected leader, he simply said that he doesn't like the idea of army coups very much.

Blame him for that? You try on the shoes.

xSinner13x

Reaction score
:applause:

Good riddance! The Muslim Brotherhood insisted that they wouldn't put up a candidate for the Egyptian presidential election. What did they do? Put up a candidate and he won!

We need to stay the f*ck out of everyone's business in the Middle East. Time to bring the boys (and girls) home and let them duke it out for themselves. We have our own very serious problems here at home and should invest our resources towards that instead of throwing money into that Stone Age litter box.

YES!
I have been saying this since I was stationed in the Mid east in the 90's.
Time to bring em home, take in the welcome mat, and put up a sign that says closed for business, and concentrate on OUR problems at home.

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score

.. Hold on now .. Obama did not say anything about using the US military to restore Morisi to power or anyone else .. what is wrong with you ?

KP

Oldtimer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you are all sooo much worse off than Egypt. Cry me a river.

Are you retired yet? I have been for the last 13 years and have seen my pension eroded year after year. The increase in my health care insurance this year was as much as I paid per month when I retired and what is amazing is I took a lower coverage to try to save some money. All costs have far exceeded my increases over the years. So, no... I may not be as bad off as the people in Egypt; but things are not as rosy as you may think.

parts

Reaction score
Guess I am just a little old fashioned..

Anyone that suggests to overthrow our government..
Is a traitor..and my enemy..

No matter who is in the White House..
I felt the same for EVERY ADMINISTRATION..
We vote..then work to make things better..

Cowards..and Traitors..Internet tough guys..
Yeah..grab a pea shooter and attack MY COUNTRY..
Or maybe get your pressure cookers loaded Mr Internet Bad Man..

But I mean that in the nicest way possible..

Happy Forth of July..

.. Americans today honor not only Independence but the rule of law and free elective government..

Latest Threads