Effects into amp with no FX loop

gkelly1990

Reaction score
Hi, I've got the orange tiny terror which doesn't have an FX loop, where to i put delay and reverb in the chain. Can i run the amp dirty and use the reverb and delay or do i need to use OD pedal, if so do i put the effects before or after the OD.
Thanks

Fuelish

Reaction score
Hi, I've got the orange tiny terror which doesn't have an FX loop, where to i put delay and reverb in the chain. Can i run the amp dirty and use the reverb and delay or do i need to use OD pedal, if so do i put the effects before or after the OD.
Thanks
Well.....try all available options and run it the way YOU feel sounds the way YOU want it to, not necessarily the way someone else feels it should be done. Trying things in an unorthodox manner may lead to undreamt of
results ...possibly excellent, possibly horrid, but no harm in figuring it out yourself....that's half the fun of it :)

Vuotz

Reaction score
Running a reverb before the signal is distorted will sound bad, because the reverberated parts get reamplified and create mud. Either run your amp with a distortion box and a reverb after that clean, or get an amp with fx loop.

I get away without usign reverb though. Delay could work somewhat, you have to try it.

gkelly1990

Reaction score
so should i run the amp clean then put a distortion pedal in front of the amp with the reverb, but do i put the reverb before or after the distortion pedal?

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
usually time based fx like reverb and delay go last in the chain, into a vaguely clean amp.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i usually stick reverb dead last, if i use it

Boppy

Reaction score
so should i run the amp clean then put a distortion pedal in front of the amp with the reverb, but do i put the reverb before or after the distortion pedal?

This is the right way to combine dirt with delay and reverb...

Dirt - Delay/Verb - Clean Amp

Distorting any kind of echo or reverb effect generally sounds awful.

Latest Threads