edwards LP guitar bridge

frehley76

Reaction score
They do make them and they are OEM on a lot of Japanese guitars. The hard part can be finding someone who sells them. Even in Japan they are hard to get. Someone once told me that they only sell those to the guitar manufacturers but someone here found one in Europe.
I found some on Ebay. 40 bucks.

Roxy13

Reaction score
There are some in Canada at Solo although is the 104 the Nashville? I thought it was. i see the hex nuts on the screws for the saddles instead of a wire for an ABR.

Roxy13

Reaction score
No, apparently that is the ABR width, the 104. It's the 103 that's the Nashville width. Ok source in Canada anyway.

Roxy13

Reaction score
With shipping though that is nearly what I paid today for a Faber one for a guitar over here for some work.

Puck Luck

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm going to e-mail philly and see since they offer free shipping over $50 and that is super easy to do. :rofl:

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm going to e-mail philly and see since they offer free shipping over $50 and that is super easy to do. :rofl:

It would be half the price from them if they would get it.

Puck Luck

Reaction score
That's my hope Roxy. Oh damn, I didn't know there was a code, I bought those pricey brass abr-1 conversion posts for an Epiphone I'm fixing up last month.

jlee

Reaction score
With shipping though that is nearly what I paid today for a Faber one for a guitar over here for some work.
Damn! Got my hopes up…still really like the Hosco wired bridges.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Damn! Got my hopes up…still really like the Hosco wired bridges.

And those are what I use most of the time. The guitar I bought for yesterday is a vintage Tokai es 150 with the cashew lacquer finish. I wanted as close to OEM as I could find so raw brass saddles and also aging on the nickel so it doesn't look out of place. The Faber fit the bill the best. And with the discount the price was about exactly the same as it would have been to order that Gotoh from Canada lol. I'm sure I'll get the Faber quicker too.

jlee

Reaction score
And those are what I use most of the time. The guitar I bought for yesterday is a vintage Tokai es 150 with the cashew lacquer finish. I wanted as close to OEM as I could find so raw brass saddles and also aging on the nickel so it doesn't look out of place. The Faber fit the bill the best. And with the discount the price was about exactly the same as it would have been to order that Gotoh from Canada lol. I'm sure I'll get the Faber quicker too.
NICE!!!
The Hosco is on my ‘81 ES100. Tokai cheaped out on the bridge for the 100s. Mine had zinc saddles. Sounded really harsh in the highs.

Tried a Faber originally and didn’t care for the tone.

Roxy13

Reaction score
NICE!!!
The Hosco is on my ‘81 ES100. Tokai cheaped out on the bridge for the 100s. Mine had zinc saddles. Sounded really harsh in the highs.

Tried a Faber originally and didn’t care for the tone.

I hope it sounds good. I've had good luck with Fabers on the other guitars I've put them on. This isn't my guitar so I want it's owner to be happy.

frehley76

Reaction score

Are these the ones we need for MIJ guitars? It looks like the drawing says M4 holes, I am assuming that is 4mm? About $43 shipped.

Roxy13

Reaction score

Are these the ones we need for MIJ guitars? It looks like the drawing says M4 holes, I am assuming that is 4mm? About $43 shipped.

Yes, it uses M4 posts, which are 4 mm. Why is that one so much cheaper than the one I saw yesterday that was US $58?

frehley76

Reaction score
Yes, it uses M4 posts, which are 4 mm. Why is that one so much cheaper than the one I saw yesterday that was US $58?
Right? I am not sure. Is one for standard Gibsons and one for imports?

Puck Luck

Reaction score
The aged nickel one is much cheaper than the other colors on solo music for whatever reason.
I e-mailed philly and they said it's special order and $45 plus shipping for the aged nickel one, didn't ask about other colors. I should since I think aged nickel is usually more. Free shipping if you add stuff and spend over $50 so it's a wash.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Right? I am not sure. Is one for standard Gibsons and one for imports?

From the diagrams both are for M4 posts so I have no idea why the aged one is so much cheaper. Usually the Gotoh aged hardware is more expensive. Weird! I might grab a couple just to have them here.

Latest Threads