Edwards Lacquer Taste vs All Lacquer

Roxy13

Reaction score
All Lacquer speaks for itself, but I'm wondering what "Lacquer Taste" is exactly? Is it just the clear coat? Or would all or some of the color coats be lacquer as well?

I'm trying to determine which my Edwards might be. It's not just the clear coat that is lacquer on this guitar. When I checked it I ate right through the color coats as well very quickly with acetone on a Q tip.

Neffco

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, they shoot a coat of nitro over the poly. They lack the shiny look of a pure poly or nitro. It is more noticeable on the E-Sa-120. I believe my no SN limited is an LTS before that designation, due to the slightly dulled finish on the back and neck. The flame on the front veneer doesn’t show it as much. Yours may be an earlier one. Hope this helps.

Neffco

Reaction score
The early Edwards/Navigator day’s are difficult to find any information on.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
Yep, nitro topcoat. I used to have a 2006 LTS, and it had a nice satiny look on the finish. Great guitar, although when I got my first Tokai, it was time to move it on.

Roxy13

Reaction score
The early Edwards/Navigator day’s are difficult to find any information on.
Yes, this one is hard to find info on. No serial, no pot codes, the SD pickup was too old to date as well (prior to 2002 is all I could on that).

Maybe full nitro. I'm 99% certain it has a solid top, though lightly flamed. If anyone has any info or a possible model number, please let me know. I'm a curious person.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Does anyone with an LTS want to check theirs in a cavity to see what comes off with the acetone so we would know if it's just the clear coats or more than that?

Neffco

Reaction score
Does anyone with an LTS want to check theirs in a cavity to see what comes off with the acetone so we would know if it's just the clear coats or more than that?
I’d be willing to give it a shot on my Lemon LP no SN. Not sure that will give a definitive answer, but I believe it’s an LTS.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I’d be willing to give it a shot on my Lemon LP no SN. Not sure that will give a definitive answer, but I believe it’s an LTS.
That would be awesome!

Although you might have the same experience I did and then wonder if it's all lacquer lol!

Roxy13

Reaction score
My Edwards 335 is an LTS but it's still in Japan. I've been watching for more favorable weather conditions to ship it. We just had a cold spell and next week is all up and down. I'm hoping the week after looks good and I'll order the shipment then end of this week.

Neffco

Reaction score
That would be awesome!

Although you might have the same experience I did and then wonder if it's all lacquer lol!
I think mine is not as cool as yours. Solid top, probably nitro. Mine is a good player, though I haven’t been playing anything other than my SA120 Navigator lately. It’s a gem. The 335 bug bit hard.