Edit - Reverb Sites going away as of April 30, 2021

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just got the email also. Not going to miss it, I bet they've seen a huge decline in sales since raising the fees through the roof (and since they have to charge sales tax).

fry

Reaction score
I just got the email also. Not going to miss it, I bet they've seen a huge decline in sales since raising the fees through the roof (and since they have to charge sales tax).
But it’s not the main Reverb site itself, it’s some other offshoot thing that apparently nobody here even knew about, including myself. I’ve been using Reverb pretty much since it has existed, and I got no such email about whatever this is.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next thing you know, we’ll be having RIP threads for people who aren’t even dead. Yet.
Whoa, that's crazy talk...

fry

Reaction score
I still have no idea what Reverb Sites is...
I didn’t really know what it was either. I watched a video from Trogly where he explained it. I guess they gave you a way to set up your own website through Reverb. When you did this, you could sell stuff on your own site, no sales tax. And apparently, therein lies the problem. I remember reading a couple of listings where the person said there would be no sales tax, and I thought that was a little fishy, but I guess that explains it.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Can you still pay with PayPal Gift?

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
I think under sites YOU were responsible for remitting your states tax.......

anyways, the tax thing has actually cause a lot more "off site" selling, because now it is the buyer contacting the seller inquiring about doing the deal with no fees.......

paypal gift accepted.....it would be rude to turn down a gift.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
reverb.....like ebay....you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Tone deaf

Reaction score
After getting f-ed once too many times on ebay, I pretty much resigned myself to CL (face-to-face, cash, fee-less transactions) or giving my excess gear to my nieces and nephews. I am fortunate in that I live in an area where good stuff on CL tends to move at fair prices and that I don't rely on any of these platforms for income.

I miss the old days when you could get ridiculously great buys on ebay.

mdubya

Reaction score
I can hear it in Gearmandude’s voice....
Reverb sucks.
I actually have not been thrilled with them since Etsy took over, and really pissed when they increased their fees. I started going back to eBay a little more for selling. I would not be devastated if Reverb went away.
Absolutely, etsy killed Reverb and we all suffer for it. Never forget.

I have a $150 million idea if anyone is interested, though. *PM for deets.*

fry

Reaction score
I pretty much resigned myself to CL (face-to-face, cash, fee-less transactions)
I’d prefer that, sure, but CL in my neck of the woods is shit. Mostly the same overpriced junk listed week after week. Nothing but trade offers and lowballers. We have a lunatic that currently has a bunch of stuff listed, each item multiple times. Sometimes the same item 3 or 4 times in a row. There have been times where nearly every current listing is this guy.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
The early days were a freakin gold mine.
I can remember picking up a brand new (in the box with original tags) Senco pneumatic framing nailer for about $50, which new at the store (back then) was at least $400. My Dewalt 703 mitre saw was another ebay bargain (also NIB), running boards for the Explorer. Just a few of the many, many great deals I got when ebay was something other than just another retail outlet.

Latest Threads