Edit - Reverb Sites going away as of April 30, 2021

Slater529

Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got the email. Reverb is shutting down.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Um, not one whiff of this ANYWHERE on Reverb site, or in the news anywhere.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
*checks calendar*

Not April 1st, WTactualF?

LP1865

Reaction score
Why?
Also a lot of people are gonna be pissed....

sputnik

Reaction score
I got the email. I thought it was for Reverb Sites only though?

sputnik

Reaction score
This is the email I received.

“Dear Seller,

We have made the difficult decision to stop supporting Reverb Sites on April 30, 2021. We wanted to let you know as soon as possible to ensure you have plenty of time to transition from Reverb Sites to another service prior to the end of April.

We launched Reverb Sites in 2017 hopeful that it would enable sellers like you to build your brand and your sales through a standalone, Reverb-powered website. As we spent time building and working to improve this service, it ultimately became clear that better, more robust website services already exist.”

rxbandit

Reaction score
Reverb Sites is not the same as Reverb.com. It's a separate service they unveiled in 2017.

"Reverb.com — the online marketplace for buying, selling, and learning about music gear — today introduced Reverb Sites, a service created to help sellers better promote their music gear business online. Reverb Sites enables sellers to easily create their own website — synced to their Reverb.com shop and powered by the marketplace’s technology — in a matter of minutes."

https://www.premierguitar.com/mip-reverb-apr2017

Slater529

Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reverb Sites is not the same as Reverb.com. It's a separate service they unveiled in 2017.

"Reverb.com — the online marketplace for buying, selling, and learning about music gear — today introduced Reverb Sites, a service created to help sellers better promote their music gear business online. Reverb Sites enables sellers to easily create their own website — synced to their Reverb.com shop and powered by the marketplace’s technology — in a matter of minutes."

https://www.premierguitar.com/mip-reverb-apr2017
Sorry for the confusion! Good to know Reverb.com isn't going away!

fry

Reaction score
I actually have not been thrilled with them since Etsy took over, and really pissed when they increased their fees. I started going back to eBay a little more for selling. I would not be devastated if Reverb went away.

Torshalla

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying, that email was not clear. I still have no idea what Reverb Sites is...
To be honest I like the idea of Reverb as a single platform for trading gear. However their fees are too high.

Latest Threads