economic realities & a very dark future

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You know what else is minute or non-existent in China and India? A standard of living.

In some cities, the air is worse than smoking a pack a day.

Absolutely, but no matter how "green" we are forced to go, India/China will make sure to get those jobs.

bertzie

Reaction score
Absolutely, but no matter how "green" we are forced to go, India/China will make sure to get those jobs.

If you want one of those jobs so badly, move to China or India. :)

dudu

Reaction score
Well the way they get around taxes is basically like this:

1.) US-based HQ, but they have employees in India so they pay local taxes there
2.) US-based HQ, but they have customers in China so they pay local taxes there

If they take those accounts here, they're double taxed.

Point 1: they moved there for cheap labor. They are already save money by hiring N Chinese or Indian people instead of N American people.

Point 2: yes, they do pay whatever the local government requires as social obligations, but their profit is taxed in neither China or India (nor the US). It's all paid to a "partner" company in <insert your favorite fiscal paradise here>. It's called "fiscal paradise" for a reason.

Normally, the profit is split (as dividends or whatnot) between shareholders, who also pay an income tax. The problem here is that they don't.

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Before the '70s, weren't we adamant on not trading with communist countries?

Dan

Reaction score
Since when are backstabbing and exploitation considered moral or ethical?

WTF are you talking about? I'm saying that backstabbing and exploitation should not be part of the free market. Are you paying attention, or just trying to stir shit with stupidity?

bertzie

Reaction score
WTF are you talking about? I'm saying that backstabbing and exploitation should not be part of the free market. Are you paying attention, or just trying to stir shit with stupidity?

But if we don't backstab and exploit, is the market truly free?

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Before the '70s, weren't we adamant on not trading with communist countries?

Yes, but Nixon wanted the Chicoms help in Vietnam, so he started a relationship with them...the American gov't realized over time that China was a huge market for American goods and that trading with them was better than fighting them...years passed, trade agreements were signed, theft of intellectual property occurred, people got rich, yada yada, yada...now they own our ass.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If you want one of those jobs so badly, move to China or India. :)

I already have a great career, but if I ever start my own company, then I'll probably look to cheaper labor markets if this country doesn't make some serious changes to its tax/regulation codes.

Dan

Reaction score
But if we don't backstab and exploit, is the market truly free?

Backstabbing and exploitation SHOULDN'T have a place in the free market. Just because it's a free market doesn't mean it's a free-for-all. It's like recess with no teachers. Every game needs rules. Anyone can make a quick buck by exploitation and backstabbing, but that doesn't mean they should.

Mayo5

Reaction score
A Great and easy way to increase economic returns and capacity for our local and national areas is to lower the corporate tax significantly....

Notorious BFG

Banned
Reaction score
One would think we got into this mess because of greedy incompetent idiots. On the surface, it appears so. Study of multinational's, the CFR and TLC, Federal Reserve and military industrial complex( among other asshole's) reveals that the downward spiral of the US is deliberate. Slavery has just been reconstituted.When they start coming for our guns is when I get real real scared. Right now im just scared.

bertzie

Reaction score
Backstabbing and exploitation SHOULDN'T have a place in the free market. Just because it's a free market doesn't mean it's a free-for-all. It's like recess with no teachers. Every game needs rules. Anyone can make a quick buck by exploitation and backstabbing, but that doesn't mean they should.

Welcome to Capitalism. :) Just because they "shouldn't" doesn't mean they wont given the chance.

Without REGULATION, people will go free for all. If no one holds them accountable, they wont hold themselves accountable.

HOT-BRIT

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Now why can't politicians and business leaders see this massive flaw in our thinking? Of course we are going to falter if we don't make anything here, and outsource jobs to foreign countries.

It is quite simple it comes by large corporations trying to make a quick profit today and disregarding the consequence for the future, it is American corporations who are making the stuff in Asia, they do it because with the slave labor wages they can get away with paying there, they maximize there profits for there share holders, American corporations have been making record profits, at the cost of destroying the economic base of the USA and creating mass unemployment while lowering the standard of living for the average citizen in the USA, Only the elite super wealthy have benefited as they have grown richer and our government policy has aloud this to happen because of political donations politicians now rely on and lobbyists paid to influence the way that laws are made for there wealthy masters. you can only blame us for allowing this to happen.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing people say things like that about NAFTA, but when I research the agreement and it's effects, I don't see where NAFTA has hurt us very much, if at all.

The only industry that I saw NAFTA affect adversely was cotton. But at that, the only place where I noticed such an effect was in Southern Alabama, around places such as Opp and Florala and so I'm not actually sure if it was NAFTA to blame.

Plus, I always sucked at economics anyway.

--R

Dan

Reaction score
Welcome to Capitalism. :) Just because they "shouldn't" doesn't mean they wont given the chance.

Without REGULATION, people will go free for all. If no one holds them accountable, they wont hold themselves accountable.

Don't preach to me.

Are you not reading what I'm saying? It's pretty ****ing clear from my post that regulation is required in a free market.

See, you try to talk down to people, but you don't really know what you're saying or, more importantly, what other people are saying. You have officially used all caps to be condescending on a point that I already made. Great ****ing job.

CenCalPlayer

Reaction score
It is quite simple it comes by large corporations trying to make a quick profit today and disregarding the consequence for the future, it is American corporations who are making the stuff in Asia, they do it because with the slave labor wages they can get away with paying there, they maximize there profits for there share holders, American corporations have been making record profits, at the cost of destroying the economic base of the USA and creating mass unemployment while lowering the standard of living for the average citizen in the USA, Only the elite super wealthy have benefited as they have grown richer and our government policy has aloud this to happen because of political donations politicians now rely on and lobbyists paid to influence the way that laws are made for there wealthy masters

It's not just American corporations by any stretch of the imagination....you also have left out the union buying off of politicians in the equation. You are right though that we need to take ALL the money out of politics if we want it to get better....also don't see how you can blame the latest downturn on huge corporations, when it was Freddie and Fannie and their political hounds in Congress that was the biggest problem this time around....last time I checked those are quasi-governmental agencies. There is plenty of blame to go around this time and most of it sits right in Congress....

bertzie

Reaction score
Don't preach to me.

Are you not reading what I'm saying? It's pretty ****ing clear from my post that regulation is required in a free market.

See, you try to talk down to people, but you don't really know what you're saying or, more importantly, what other people are saying. You have officially used all caps to be condescending on a point that I already made. Great ****ing job.

Regulation is contradictory to a free market. Something you seem to be ignoring.

Latest Threads