Echo Park Guitars Building Gibson’s Now

Moni

Banned
Reaction score
The licensing is for the Kalamazoo Spec Vs and Explorers. About the same prices as Gibson Custom Shop. They look beautiful.

I don’t like how news reporting is inaccurate today. They put the Les Paul picture on the article for some reason.

Maybe the Les Paul and SG may be added?

09A59F8C-703D-4D8A-B82F-29FA2B4B0FF1.jpeg

Last edited:

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I haven’t had a chance to run down there yet...hopefully in the next few weeks. I am very curious to check the place out and see what my impression of this guy is. Still in the plans!

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I haven’t had a chance to run down there yet...hopefully in the next few weeks. I am very curious to check the place out and see what my impression of this guy is. Still in the plans!
And so are my plans for having a night of sweaty love with Ariana Grande.

EndGame00

Reaction score
They could also license Gil Yaron or RockNRoll Relics if they want a high build quality "Gibson" not made in Nashville.....

swampblues

Reaction score
There are plenty of builder such as Yaron, Max, Bartlett etc that can build super les Paul’s. hell Joun Bolin can do a 50’s like no one else. To me the bottom line seems to be Gibson’s poor QC. I was in a huge music store in Chicago who seem to get hand picks and pulled 2 out to play and looked like they were made by Chibsun. One had Feb falling off and other had body binding that would scratch your arm. Paint job on both 7k guitars had orange peel. I owned a Derig for years and it was unreal build quality. I do believe it’s all about bad QC JMO

swampblues

Reaction score
One of My Hand selects from 2016 was perfect but a 18 came in and I had to send it back, 16th Fret was loose. I see more people complain about things like that than anything else other than a few bad fretboards pitting

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
One of My Hand selects from 2016 was perfect but a 18 came in and I had to send it back, 16th Fret was loose. I see more people complain about things like that than anything else other than a few bad fretboards pitting
Impossible!
Those guitars are hand-pleked by a machine!

:)

AwfulQuiet

Reaction score
Well someone forgot to plecking pleck this one all the way in the board lol
I'm pretty sure a Plek machine does not pull up on the frets.. but rather moves over them measuring their height/uneveness etc compared to the fretboard/other frets. It's a fascinating process to watch (for about 2 minutes).

ClashCityRocker

Reaction score
From what I gathered from the thread on The Gear Page the liscencing deal fell through.

I owned an Echopark T style guitar for a few months. The main thing that bummed me out was a really sloppy neck pocket.

myoldfriend

Suffers from GAS
Reaction score
I am LITERALLY ROFL at the prospect of this happening!!

That screaming sound you all just heard was the sound of hundreds of Gibbons FanBois yelping in unison as those with the means to blow 10k+ on a guitar experienced collective R U G B U R N on their a$$es when they whipped out their wallets at lightening speed and began salivating like an entire kennel of Pavlov's dogs :drool:

I can't wait to hear how one of these abominations is marketed!!

SPOILER ALERT! :wave:

It's going to be something like:
Gibson and EchoPark proudly announce The highly anticipated Gibson/EchoPark collaboration REALLY-REALLY-REALLY-accurate-were-not-kidding-this-time-TRUE-TRUE-VOS-historic-with-Les-Paul's-actual-DNA-sprinkled-in-the-control-cavity-and-one-of-his-teeth-encased-in-resin-case-candy-so-you-can-WANK-OFF-in-the-case-instead-of-actually-playing-guitar Les Paul guitars.

Man, this debacle is going to be better than Richlite if it ever comes to fruition! :Ohno:

Don't shoot the messenger here. There are many of us whose chin hit the floor when was saw people line up to pay 5-10k for a guitar with the temptation of "certificates of authenticity," case candy, b*LL$h!t pickup selector cover medallions, painted-Murphy-aging and whatever other nonsense Gibbons uses to justify outrageous pricing for mediocre instruments with more QC problems than a Yugo factory staffed by blind line workers with learning disabilities.

That quote that was attributed to P.T. Barnum comes to mind...

Orville has rolled over in his grave so many times by now he has probably tunneled his way to CHINA. SMH. End satire. Well maybe except for the wanking @ case candy. You know who you are!

Last edited:

MCT

Reaction score
I am LITERALLY ROFL at the prospect of this happening!!

That screaming sound you all just heard was the sound of hundreds of Gibbons FanBois yelping in unison as those with the means to blow 10k+ on a guitar experienced collective R U G B U R N on their a$$es when they whipped out their wallets at lightening speed and began salivating like an entire kennel of Pavlov's dogs :drool:

I can't wait to hear how one of these abominations is marketed!!

SPOILER ALERT! :wave:

It's going to be something like:
Gibson and EchoPark proudly announce The highly anticipated Gibson/EchoPark collaboration REALLY-REALLY-REALLY-accurate-were-not-kidding-this-time-TRUE-TRUE-VOS-historic-with-Les-Paul's-actual-DNA-sprinkled-in-the-control-cavity-and-one-of-his-teeth-encased-in-resin-case-candy-so-you-can-WANK-OFF-in-the-case-instead-of-actually-playing-guitar Les Paul guitars.

Man, this debacle is going to be better than Richlite if it ever comes to fruition! :Ohno:

Don't shoot the messenger here. There are many of us whose chin hit the floor when was saw people line up to pay 5-10k for a guitar with the temptation of "certificates of authenticity," case candy, b*LL$h!t pickup selector cover medallions, painted-Murphy-aging and whatever other nonsense Gibbons uses to justify outrageous pricing for mediocre instruments with more QC problems than a Yugo factory staffed by blind line workers with learning disabilities.

That quote that was attributed to P.T. Barnum comes to mind...

Orville has rolled over in his grave so many times by now he has probably tunneled his way to CHINA. SMH. End satire. Well maybe except for the wanking @ case candy. You know who you are!
Stop! My lungs hurt too much from laughing!

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a Line 6 delay pedal
Sounds like a place in Los Angeles that you don't want to be at night.
And you don't want to be there during the day unarmed....

• Wow
Reactions: Who

mdubya

Reaction score
I would have been happier if the contract went to Heritage maybe they could not afford it, is anyone in the know?
It is not a contract. It is a license to produce vintage Gibson shapes.

At this point, I think they have extended that license to a few "boutique" builders on good will, in an attempt to recover from the very bad reception of the "play authentic" video.

You get the license and you can produce classic Gibson shapes with your name on the headstock, too.