Echo Park Guitars Building Gibson’s Now

redking

Reaction score
They could also license Gil Yaron or RockNRoll Relics if they want a high build quality "Gibson" not made in Nashville.....
LOL! Gil Yaron is a genius luthier making instruments one at a time - on the flipside - Rock N Roll Relics are CNC kit guitars made in Canada by Precision Guitar kits and shipped down to California for a guy to install pickups and tuners. Nothing wrong with kit guitars mind you - I have 3 of them, but don't equate them in your mind as the same thing.

EndGame00

Reaction score
LOL! Gil Yaron is a genius luthier making instruments one at a time - on the flipside - Rock N Roll Relics are CNC kit guitars made in Canada by Precision Guitar kits and shipped down to California for a guy to install pickups and tuners. Nothing wrong with kit guitars mind you - I have 3 of them, but don't equate them in your mind as the same thing.
If the kit guitars have better QC than Echo Park, why not?

redking

Reaction score
If the kit guitars have better QC than Echo Park, why not?
I'm sure they do have better quality control, however there would be no point for Gibson to do this. This is what their production line Gibson models are for (Jr's, Standards, Traditionals etc) I believe Gibson has 2 reasons they are doing this:
1. To Grab $ from high end builders that are already building "Gibson inspired" models where they have no legitimate way to stop them (other than threatening them with baseless lawsuits) because they are not violating any trademarks explicitly. For example if body shape and headstocks are slightly different.
2. To give the appearance that they still hold a trademark over certain body shapes like the flying V and Explorer by selling the right to produce them to others. This relates directly to their Dean lawsuit - the Courts will ultimately decide whether they own the V and Explorer in the US or not. They have already lost in Europe. Buy selling the right to produce V's and Explorers, they are pretending that they sill own the trademark over them - they hope enough people will believe that they do with this strategy.

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
I'm sure they do have better quality control, however there would be no point for Gibson to do this. This is what their production line Gibson models are for (Jr's, Standards, Traditionals etc) I believe Gibson has 2 reasons they are doing this:
1. To Grab $ from high end builders that are already building "Gibson inspired" models where they have no legitimate way to stop them (other than threatening them with baseless lawsuits) because they are not violating any trademarks explicitly. For example if body shape and headstocks are slightly different.
2. To give the appearance that they still hold a trademark over certain body shapes like the flying V and Explorer by selling the right to produce them to others. This relates directly to their Dean lawsuit - the Courts will ultimately decide whether they own the V and Explorer in the US or not. They have already lost in Europe. Buy selling the right to produce V's and Explorers, they are pretending that they sill own the trademark over them - they hope enough people will believe that they do with this strategy.
Maybe I'll start building Vibsons. :rofl:

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll start building Vibsons. :rofl:
Or maybe Wes Paws?

When I got my first electric, it was a no-name Korean copy.
Blank headstock, bolt-on neck with a zero fret, plywood body (in trans wine red!), and a laminated to that had been pressed to shape the top (and the wiring ran under the arch, no channels routed.
I had no idea what it was a copy of.
My friend told me... and for 6 months I called that guitar a "Wes Paw' copy"