EBMM EVH basket-o-parts project

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know, I used to collect Ernie Ball Eddie Van Halen guitars, about 5-6 yrs ago. A fella i used to horse trade EVH stuff with had an authentic trans green quilt EBMM EVH body (without a neck) that he wanted to sell.

The emerald green EBMM EVHs are one of the rarest color EBMM EVH ever produced...like only 45 ever made out of a total production of some 12-14000 pieces from 1991-1996.

To find an original EVH neck would next to impossible! So i found a EBMM Axis neck on EBAY (Axis is the same guitar as the EVH, they just changed a couple cosmetic things and the model name after Eddie left Ernie Ball)....the body and the neck came today...so i got started!

Because of the difference in years and models, the neck heel was about 1/16-1/8 of an inch too wide to fit into the neck pocket....so i had to sand it down a little.

Then i began to remove the finsh off the headstock...i will have to find a stain to match the color of the body....all EBMM EVHs had matching headstocks. and then when that part is done i will make my own waterslide logo and signature for the headstock and clearcoat over them.

The floyd didnt come today so i wasnt able to check neck height and neck pitch....hopefully it will come tomorrow along with the pickups.

Just to give you an idea....an original trans green EBMM EVH would be worth about $5-$7000 depending on condition...i will have less than $1000 in to this one and it even has an original body!

Here are some pics from tonights progress...

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
Dayum, that green is perty! Good luck and make sure you post pics when it's done!

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stained the front of the headstock last night and put the first coat of clear on this morning...its drying right now.

Hopefully the mail lady will be bring my neck pickup and floyd today. At least the pickup i hope, so i can get the body completely wired and read to roll.

IMG_0995.jpg

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wired up the body today and installed the new pups!!!

The floyd i ordered is wrong...need to get a Gotoh floyd...just like EBMM uses. Found one on ebay and it was EXPENSIVE!!! but they are good quality.

These guitars have tiny control cavities! hard to fit everything in!!!

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

PsychoCid

Reaction score
Nice! I just traded my 2nd Wolfgang for a 5150 212. Had a spare neck made at the Fender corona factory, so I picked up the Mean Street Exile body off of axcessories. Going to put a sustainer in this one.

Can't wait to see your finished fiddle. ;)

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put the decals on the headstock tonight....not perfect, but the best i can do with what i have. Now 2 more coats of clear and she will be ready for tuners. Hopefully the Floyd will be here tomorrow.

IMG_1018.jpg

marianozz

Reaction score
Looking great man! :)

I love those 3 way switches...

Hows the quality on those Sterling necks? I never understood why they came up with the Sterling brand after they already had OLP for cheaper markets...

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking great man! :)

I love those 3 way switches...

Hows the quality on those Sterling necks? I never understood why they came up with the Sterling brand after they already had OLP for cheaper markets...

it seems to be good quality....its not like the EVH/AXIS neck....the EVHs were a narrow D...these are like a Ved C...1 5/8 nut

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its Finished!!

The floyd came today, so all i had to do was install the floyd, solder the ground, set the neck pitch, adjust the truss rod, set the intonation and string her up!!!

It sounds and plays awesome!!! Very loud acousticly!

Here is a sound clip.... EBMM EVH by brent henderson

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

Latest Threads