Ebays global shipping program

rarearsenic

Reaction score
I thought people that buy and/or sell tubes should be aware this.

I bought some tubes through ebay and received a message that they were shipped, then I got the following message.

"We are writing to inform you that your recent purchase through the Global Shipping Program from XXXX cannot be completed.

The item in question has been deemed restricted. This could be due to import/shipping restrictions or eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Program. The item will not be shipped to you nor returned to your seller.

Don’t worry! Your full refund will be processed back to the original payment method within 72 hours. You may notice two separate refunds: a refund for the item, and a refund for the shipping and import costs. No further action is needed."

I found a thread on Ebay about this and apparently it's also happened with transformers.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipp...&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&toolid=10001

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Fun Police are everywhere.

As a Boomer, I remember when friends and I got a hold of some Mercury at school.
It was great fun rolling it around in the palm of your hand, rolling it from hand to hand.
Oh, I forgot to mention the asbestos ceiling tiles in the school lunchroom. My friend’s dad’s
pickup didn’t have seat belts.

Sure glad the Gub Mint is looking out for me now that I am older by outlawing this pox upon humanity!
/Sarc.

rarearsenic

Reaction score
The Fun Police are everywhere.

As a Boomer, I remember when friends and I got a hold of some Mercury at school.
It was great fun rolling it around in the palm of your hand, rolling it from hand to hand.
Oh, I forgot to mention the asbestos ceiling tiles in the school lunchroom. My friend’s dad’s
pickup didn’t have seat belts.

Sure glad the Gub Mint is looking out for me now that I am older by outlawing this pox upon humanity!
/Sarc.
I remember standing in the box of a truck going down the highway when I was a kid.

ARandall

Reaction score
I had @cooljuk ship me some PIO caps as part of an order I had with him and twice they were returned to him by Aus customs due to them thinking they were lithium batteries - this is despite the declaration saying capacitors were in the parcel.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The GSP is an odd one, only used it twice and it took months for the goods to arrive, complete and utter waste of time.

shark

Reaction score
tubes and electronic parts like this are all tagged as such bec of out dated regulations trying to keep HIGH tech out of the hands of terrorists and amateur bomb makers to keep them from blowing things up. the only thing thats gotten blowed up is the stupid global shipping policy being abused.

you always insert said tubes or parts in fake cardboard amps :)

fake amp.jpg

Last edited:

irocdave12

Reaction score
I thought people that buy and/or sell tubes should be aware this.

I bought some tubes through ebay and received a message that they were shipped, then I got the following message.

"We are writing to inform you that your recent purchase through the Global Shipping Program from XXXX cannot be completed.

The item in question has been deemed restricted. This could be due to import/shipping restrictions or eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Program. The item will not be shipped to you nor returned to your seller.

Don’t worry! Your full refund will be processed back to the original payment method within 72 hours. You may notice two separate refunds: a refund for the item, and a refund for the shipping and import costs. No further action is needed."

I found a thread on Ebay about this and apparently it's also happened with transformers.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipp...&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&toolid=10001
I buy and sell tubes everyday on ebay and never have had this issue thankfully. However I think I have heard something similar to this happening before. Can I ask what the specifics were? Are you based in the USA and bought from overseas and it couldnt get into the US? I’ve shipped to Europe numerous times with no problems and even though my ebay listings are USA shipping only a trick they use is to register the ebay global shipping address as their own when setting up their account. And then they buy the item and the ebay GS address comes up as the USA address to ship to. Anytime I see Portland OR or Newark DE I know its a guy from Asia buying and circumvented my USA only policy. Again so far I’ve never had a problem but I do make it clear if the buyers are doing that then I will have no responsibility. So just curious what happened specfic with your case

goldtop0

Reaction score
For me the GSP has been a problem from day one, which was around 2012 as I remember.
I have always prefered to deal with ebay sellers who don't use the GSP because in most cases Pitney Bowes who are the GSP shipping company impose unnecessary costs of import to NZ where I live, and this extra cost is not applicable in my country.
This latest one re tubes is a nonsense.

Big John

pant flapping without the smell
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
proof again why I refuse to deal with Ebay in any way, shape or form ... clowns
100%

That place started to lose itself soon after its first fee hike ~20 years ago.

rarearsenic

Reaction score
I buy and sell tubes everyday on ebay and never have had this issue thankfully. However I think I have heard something similar to this happening before. Can I ask what the specifics were? Are you based in the USA and bought from overseas and it couldnt get into the US? I’ve shipped to Europe numerous times with no problems and even though my ebay listings are USA shipping only a trick they use is to register the ebay global shipping address as their own when setting up their account. And then they buy the item and the ebay GS address comes up as the USA address to ship to. Anytime I see Portland OR or Newark DE I know its a guy from Asia buying and circumvented my USA only policy. Again so far I’ve never had a problem but I do make it clear if the buyers are doing that then I will have no responsibility. So just curious what happened specfic with your case
I am in Calgary, Canada and the seller is in Barberton, Ohio. I don't buy a lot of tubes, I just wanted to have some spares. I did buy a pair of 6l6s from a seller in Portland and they arrived today without issue.

irocdave12

Reaction score
I am in Calgary, Canada and the seller is in Barberton, Ohio. I don't buy a lot of tubes, I just wanted to have some spares. I did buy a pair of 6l6s from a seller in Portland and they arrived today without issue.
Very odd Ive done deals both ways with Canada many times no issues

The Ballzz

Reaction score
I had @cooljuk ship me some PIO caps as part of an order I had with him and twice they were returned to him by Aus customs due to them thinking they were lithium batteries - this is despite the declaration saying capacitors were in the parcel.

Humor me and follow the warped logic that can come from folks who only understand part of the story and can become armed with "just enough information to be dagerous!"
A> A PIO capacitor "could" conceivably have oil that may be partialy lithium based.​
B> When voltage/current is applied to a capacitor, it is said to be "charged" with electrical energy​
C> When some connection is made or shorted accross tyhe terminals/leads of that capacitor, it can be said to be "discharging" that stored electrical energy​
Given A, B & C, with no other logic or knowledge of the subject, an idiot could construe that capacitor to be able to be used as a "Lithium Battery" by some nefarious terror minded individual who is probably exponentially smarter that the aforementioned idiot!

We see this kind of stupidity in guv'mint, business, etc, every day from folks who can't be bothered to gather enough information to see the big picture! It is one of the reasons people think that weapons kill people. The weapons can do nothing until/unless some people decide that they want to use said weapons to kill people!

Living in the times foretold by;
George "Oh Well"
Gene

Latest Threads