Ebay seller - tell him he's dreamin'

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably spousal pressure

"We need money! You're always talking about how much those guitars are worth! Sell them!"

Him, not having any desire to sell them, lists them... for what he told her, they're worth... or a price he knows they won't sell.

Then when they don't... he gets to keep his guitars. If she makes him take them to GC, to sell and they offer him 1/3 their real value, she'll shut up about it.

P.S. That SG is horrid!

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
*shrugs*

Free world, he can ask for any price he thinks is right. Up to the buyer to ignore it and move on.

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
I think the last line in both descriptions pretty much sums it up...

"...and I'm not particularly excited about selling it".

martin H

Reaction score
"I tried to sell them at a fair price honey, but no-one's buying right now. I didn't get a single bid."

peterjc

Reaction score

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Left-handed Standard Faded? That surely is worth $8000-$9000.

Trinidad Dollars.

ajay

Reaction score
I'd love to have a LP with that top. Exactly the top that I love. No wonder he doesn't want to sell it. I would have suggested a shoes and Handbag sale to my wife. They would probably have too-high-to-sell prices too.

Gmal

Reaction score
No need to tell him anything. The market will tell him. Then it`s up to him if he wants to come down or keep them. My gutfeeling tells me the latter.

michaelinokc

Reaction score
No one who can spend that kind of money on a guitar would be ignorant enough to do it on either of those guitars. The only time I send someone a message if I'm not buying is to be helpful - if they have the item in the wrong category or have it labeled incorrectly.

Hatefulsob

Reaction score
Is it actually possible for an individual to be 1) cool enough that he plays guitar yet simultaneously 2) such a P*ssy that his wife tells him to sell something he loves, and he complies? Might happen in a movie or TV show, doesn't seem based on reality.

Incubus

Reaction score
If she makes him take them to GC, to sell and they offer him 1/3 their real value, she'll shut up about it.
Or that'll give her more reason to keep going on about it...."You said that's what they were worth....you're a liar......what else are you lying to me about.......are you cheating on me ?"

judson

Reaction score
like most things in life, why should i try to educate someone if they dont want to hear it,

i have more important guitars to try and steal at lowball prices...

afjungemann

Reaction score
I see a seller on reverb all the time who has new gibsons without warranty listed for more than MSRP... I find it foolish but really, it isn't my deal and if he wants to sit on dozens of guitars, that is his choice.

RayTorvalds

Reaction score
Or that'll give her more reason to keep going on about it...."You said that's what they were worth....you're a liar......what else are you lying to me about.......are you cheating on me ?"
:laugh2: :laugh2:

jon1

Reaction score
He's got great feedback, which means he's probably somehow sold something.

I'm putting my MIM up for $3000 just to see what happens.