eBay guitar

jan janson

Reaction score
I felt a little beside myself not getting it/ (the 1972 deluxe w/cracks) so I over bid on a 1972 guitar Gibson and won. Then I got cold feet and asked the buyer if I could offer him $100 to cancel the sale. The buyer said ok but I'd have to pay $250 for cancellation. $1476 was my winning bid. I guess I ahem till tomorrow to make up my mind either the guitar, 1972 SG, or cancellation. I realize this isn't a Les Paul but you might help?
thanks
Janette

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you overbid by less than $300, just pay the man and take delivery if it's going to cost you $250 to cancel.
Everything I see on Reverb is over $1300, and most are $2000+, not sure why you think $1475 is overbidding.

slug_maine

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay $250 to cancel. I don't understand sellers pulling crap like that. Normally I wouldn't recommend just not paying but seller's a dick.

ARandall

Reaction score
I'm not up that much on SG's, but don't think thats too overpriced either......if its in resonable enough condition of course.
Show some pics or share the listing......If its got full sized humbuckers from that era you might have the 1 year only embossed covers there......and it should have the neck pickup right up against the fretboard too, as the neck joint got redesigned about then for extra support/strength.

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats :applause:

When you get a chance ......:photos:......please.

bblooz

Reaction score
I am in the camp that says just buy it. You may fall in love with it. If not, move it along to a new home. $250 may seem a lot to cancel the sale, but seller has to pay fees, relist, and all the other hassles of selling online. Plus, he may have missed the window of opportunity for a possible sale. Basically, there are many factors involved in selling, so compensating someone to relist isn't unreasonable.

jan janson

Reaction score
I guess I could think of it as an investment. and the seller was from Texas and I didn't want to stand him up. I'm sure I'll love it.
Janette
I am in the camp that says just buy it. You may fall in love with it. If not, move it along to a new home. $250 may seem a lot to cancel the sale, but seller has to pay fees, relist, and all the other hassles of selling online. Plus, he may have missed the window of opportunity for a possible sale. Basically, there are many factors involved in selling, so compensating someone to relist isn't unreasonable.
Right on!
Janette

Latest Threads