Easy Led Zeppelin Song?

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Love this song. It's a must learn for every acoustic player.
Watch the video below, then click the link for the tutorial.

That song got me a lot of tail in college.
And... I was playing it the hard way, I never realized it was in an alternate tuning... not that I would have retuned the 12-string.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Thanks guys...will work on hey hey what can I do.....learning stuff like crazy for the band project so will be a while.

dro

Reaction score
bron-yr-aur is what I play in those situations. No vocal but it's Zeppelin

vintageguitarz

Reaction score
What kind of stoned crowd are you playing to? Zep songs are by need loud and full, with lots of Bass and drums, and downright dumb without the singing. I point out the horrible solo of Stairway (without the others in Zep) Page did at some benefit concert that Clapton and Page were also lining. Google it on YouTube it's there and even though Page as playing his Gibson EDS-1275 Doubleneck it was out of tune and /or Page was stoned and it was embarrassing to listen to.

You could do the opening to Stairway which is a natural for acoustic, electrified or not, and when it moved to the middle hard rock bridge, then transition to something by Donny Osmond and watch the stoners in your audience that requested a Zep tune go catatonic or not notice the difference.

BTW - Stairway is a breeze to play, every 13 year old plays it when trying every guitar on their monthly trip to the local Guitar Center.

Last edited:

dro

Reaction score
Don't know if crowd is stoned or not. Could be me

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I saw Zep at the Garden, back in... well, let's just say that I was probably in worse shape than Jimmy, at the time - OK?

So, yea... the crow was stoned!