Easy Led Zeppelin Song?

Pete M

Reaction score
I would struggle to do anything acoustically on my own because Plant's singing voice is about 87 octaves higher than mine. I would do Over The Hills & Far Away but I can't even sing it in D and it sounds terrible, and plus almost all of Led Zeppelin's music is impossible to play properly and sing at the same time because you had two people giving it their all on top of weirdly timed riffs that don't make it easy to sing over. You've gotta find something you're comfortable with and that doesn't have 10 minute solos by each band member or loads of empty space where Jimmy was making weird noises and with alternate tunings. Good luck!

Last edited:

NRBQ

Reaction score
I've seen a few suggestions for "Tangerine" that's a pretty easy chord strum along song, so is Hey Hey What Can I Do, both easy root position chords, easy strum patterns and vocals are not too high as to make it a struggle to reach the right pitches while singing. Stairway to heaven is difficult, and so is Highway To Hell, but Treadmill To Purgatory is a piece of cake, but be warned, the song never really goes anywhere.

Pete M

Reaction score
How about 'When the Levee Breaks'? I guess technically it's not LZ :hmm:

Rds

Reaction score
Tangerine would be a good choice for a solo act.
I second that. Was about to post it too. Tangerine. Great song on 12 string good on 6 string as well and easy.

mdubya

Reaction score
No Quarter can be arranged for guitar - the mellotron it is just a D minor arpeggiation.

How Many More Times has a lot of parts, but simple.

I assume when people are asking for Led Zeppelin, they want to hear Stairway to Freebird, though. Errr...I mean Hairway to Steven...

Last edited:

gadafi

Reaction score
Ok not Zep but Big Log could make a pretty cruisy solo cover...

KP11520

Reaction score
Hairway to Steven? See Below! @mdubya

D'yer Mak'er? Well.... Didya?

Whole Lotta Love?

This guy... If you can get past his black nails... Has a clue!

And he really is one of the greats! Do you think he might be Robert Smith's brother? Which changed their name? LOL

Last edited:

lancpudn

Reaction score
Without the bass, it’s empty sounding with one guitar.

Try Rock and Roll. I IV V

How true! I'd no idea just how good that bass line was from John Paul Jones, Buy a bass guitar and learn it, It's perfection. :cool2: