Easy Led Zeppelin Song?

DotStudio

Reaction score
idk man, Whole Lotta Love is really just the one main riff, and the solo is just a few pentatonic fills in-between some drum hits. It's a very easy song.
Yeah, but then you gotta sing like Robert :hmm: Remember, Steve's a one man band.

Edit: Actually, I forgot he was doing gigs with that worthless load guy, so whole lotta love is a solid pick.

DotStudio

Reaction score
Used to play that all the time. I've lost my touch over the last 10 years, but used to have it nailed.
I was sitting in Guitar Center playing it, and the salesguy smirked "Cool, now sing it".... I didn't sing it, but I sat there and had a full conversation with him without breaking stride in the song.
I had played that so many times for so many years that it was 100% "muscle memory"
Yup, I'm the same way with that song. It's pretty much what I play anytime I pick up an acoustic and absentmindedly start playing something.

DADGAD

Reaction score
I’ve never heard anybody play it like Pagey.
True, It wasn’t until a bunch of years ago I found out I was playing the riff wrong. I, probably like most, was playing the D note on the A string. I found out that Page upstrokes the open D and the fretted D and slightly bends the fretted D about a quarter step so it’s slightly dissonant and makes a “buzziness” which after going back and listening to the recording can’t believe I missed. That was the magic of Page. Small nuances to his playing that are intentional and brilliant.

DotStudio

Reaction score
True, It wasn’t until a bunch of years ago I found out I was playing the riff wrong. I, probably like most, was playing the D note on the A string. I found out that Page upstrokes the open D and the fretted D and slightly bends the fretted D about a quarter step so it’s slightly dissonant and makes a “buzziness” which after going back and listening to the recording can’t believe I missed. That was the magic of Page. Small nuances to his playing that are intentional and brilliant.
Joe agrees with you.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I always loved Hot Dog hard to get right+loose , I can't come close-Jimmy sounds like a HotRod, he breaks down gloriously then climbs back. Those 70's guys were so good-all sounded different.
I like this kid.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I can easily do a “version” of “You Shook Me” without any practice at all, because it is the standard “I, IV, V” blues progression. But it will not sound like Plant and Page. Of course, it will only sound like me doing the song. Still, it sounds OK, though, an acoustic version would be easy to structure.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I'd suggest an instrumental medley.

I play Over the Hill and Far Away when I am trying to impress chicks.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So, a lot of good suggestions here. Unfortunately, most will suck in a solo guitar & vocal situation. And, for fucks sake... please, do NOT play Stairway.

I think these are good choices...
Hey, Hey. What Can I Do is one that will work GREAT!
D'yer Maker is another.
There are a couple of good arrangements of Over the Hills - check that out.

Keep in mind what Victor said... many wlll suck without the bass. So, be careful not to choose something driving.