Easter Island heads - unearthed!

circles

Reaction score
circles-albums-realm-unknown-gods-picture77959-heads.jpg

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/easter-island-head-bodies-293799

Kashmir

Reaction score
Buried up to their neck all those years. That must have sucked.

Meatwad

Reaction score
The statues on Rapa Nui, which is known commonly as Easter Island are referred to as Moais.

Funny kinda related story -
A few years back I got back in touch with an old bass player friend who was in my first real basement band back in high school.
He is still into music as well, and has a home studio.
When we we catching up on old times he was telling me about his studio, and gave me a business card that had the Easter Island statues on it, and the name was, "Moai Studios".

He asked me if I knew what Moai meant, and I just rolled up the sleeve of my shirt to show him the tattoo of one I have on my arm.
He looked like....:shock::shock::shock:

:D

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
I always laugh when I read that...However,how they came to be there has never been explained. Not fully....ya know?:hmm:

Sure they have. The whole process is well understood, and has been reproduced by archaeologists aided by the natives. The statues were carved, supine, in the extinct volcanic crater which served as the quarry; they were then transported to their locations using log rollers, and erected using levers and heaped-stone fulcra. Basic Neolithic engineering, and less complex than Stonehenge.

sk8rat

Reaction score
I think these things have some sort of mind control on you guys or something because this keeps getting posted here over and over and over.

TheX

Not a Navy SEAL
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think these things have some sort of mind control on you guys or something because this keeps getting posted here over and over and over.

It's a trap designed to see how many times the same people will comment about them being reposted.

nauc

Reaction score
I always laugh when I read that...However,how they came to be there has never been explained. Not fully....ya know?:hmm:

couple stoners made some huge bongs that looked like people, then buried them up to their neck, so no one knew they were bongs. but then they forgot all about them... :laugh2:

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sure they have. The whole process is well understood, and has been reproduced by archaeologists aided by the natives. The statues were carved, supine, in the extinct volcanic crater which served as the quarry; they were then transported to their locations using log rollers, and erected using levers and heaped-stone fulcra. Basic Neolithic engineering, and less complex than Stonehenge.

Fell right into that,didnt ya brother?? :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

It always tickles me when I read/hear that " it had to be aliens "......Ancient man were leaps and bounds ahead of what people give them credit for.....

My comment was geared towards the funny/haha,light sarcastic bend....shoulda been more clear.....:laugh2:

Davio

Alchemist Extraordinaire
Reaction score
When they dig down to the bottom of it all, I bet they are all wearing Crocs.

45WinMag

Reaction score
I always figured they just floated them into place with Zardoz-head technology.

Latest Threads