which do you think are better

• Total voters

nauc

Reaction score
Dunlop Straploks or Schaller Straplocks

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:D People are going talk shit about "using the search function," but any time I can put my hand up and vote for Schaller, I will! :laugh2: I've got them on all of my Les Pauls.

calibud

Reaction score
:D People are going talk shit about "using the search function," but any time I can put my hand up and vote for Schaller, I will! :laugh2: I've got them on all of my Les Pauls.
+1 amen to that

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wha??? We've never done this before? :laugh2:

Schallers on everything . Even my dog.

There is a reason you see 99.9% of all professional guitarists with them.

nauc

Reaction score
i tried but theres no threads on the Dunlop Straploks

have the Schallers ever slipped on you. got my first Les Paul, scared as **** to mess with it unless its really worth it.

thanks

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And for the record... I have used Dunlops, and don't trust them nor do I like how they function. (You know - "don't hate it til you've tried it" - Tried it, Didn't like it!)

nauc

Reaction score
Wha??? We've never done this before? :laugh2:

Schallers on everything . Even my dog.

There is a reason you see 99.9% of all professional guitarists with them.
sorry, im still new to the Paul world, just got my first LP like 10 days ago :applause:

nauc

Reaction score
And for the record... I have used Dunlops, and don't trust them nor do I like how they function. (You know - "don't hate it til you've tried it" - Tried it, Didn't like it!)
im sold, thanks!

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i tried but theres no threads on the Dunlop Straploks

have the Schallers ever slipped on you. got my first Les Paul, scared as **** to mess with it unless its really worth it.

thanks
Nope. A few things to keep in mind. The washer goes on TOP of the strap (some people put them on the bottom, and then complain that "my strap slips off of schaller locks..." '...because I'm an idiot' is the correct 2nd half of that statement!!); you'll need to tighten the nut every couple of days for the first week or so while the leather strap ends are compressing; the strap buttons need to be very secure on the body... Thats about it. Just keep an eye on that nut on TOP of the washer on your strap - I check mine every time I put my guitar on.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
sorry, im still new to the Paul world, just got my first LP like 10 days ago :applause:
No problem. Like I said I put them on everything, When I get a guitar I get the Schallers at that very moment also.

nauc

Reaction score
Congrats on the new LP! Better post a pic in here to repay us for this wonderful advice! :naughty:

Here's another thing to keep in mind - Schaller screws may be thinner than your Gibson screws. Check out this thread from earlier tonight where we talked about shimming the holes:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/30451-strap-locks.html
alright thanks

heres a couple pics...

not great looking but dam, that 3D/hologram look that it has in the sunlight is freakin awesome. ive never held one in the sunlight before. i was totally shocked when i first got it, its beatuiful! pics dont even come close to capturing their beauty

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I used to have a Studio, and wish like hell I had that guitar back. I like the grain on the left side - my Elitist Std. has the same thing going on:

nauc

Reaction score
Very nice! I used to have a Studio, and wish like hell I had that guitar back. I like the grain on the left side - my Elitist Std. has the same thing going on:

the grains trippy. you can totally watch it come and go if you move the guitar around out in the sunlight. im really diggin it.

ps, your Elitist pic is classic! very nice!

nauc

Reaction score
Nope. A few things to keep in mind. The washer goes on TOP of the strap (some people put them on the bottom, and then complain that "my strap slips off of schaller locks..." '...because I'm an idiot' is the correct 2nd half of that statement!!); you'll need to tighten the nut every couple of days for the first week or so while the leather strap ends are compressing; the strap buttons need to be very secure on the body... Thats about it. Just keep an eye on that nut on TOP of the washer on your strap - I check mine every time I put my guitar on.
alright, thanks