Duncan Billy Gibbons Pearly Gates

Dr.Distortion

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I finally ordered my new pickups today. I got me some Seymour Duncan Custom Shop “Billy Gibbons Pearly Gates” pickups.
Double Cream butyrate bobbins, Wound on a Lessona winder, A2 magnets. These are the ones they put in the Pearly Gates Guitar…
I should have them in about 2 weeks.
Can’t wait…:applause:

PINKBITS

Reaction score
Very nice. I'm sure they will sound excellent :thumb:

What are the actual specs on these?

Benjammin

Reaction score
those are next on my list of pickups to try, congrats. do they sell them in double cream or did you have to get that cusotm?

Dr.Distortion

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's custom shop so I just asked for Double cream bobbins...
I don't know if the ones in the guitar are cream or black...

Mpcoluv

Reaction score
How are these pickups different from the production Pearly Gates pickups other than the double creame?
BTW I though Dimarzio had the double cream look trademarked and Duncan would not produce a double creame without covers?

LtKojak

Reaction score
How are these pickups different from the production Pearly Gates pickups other than the double creame?
BTW I though Dimarzio had the double cream look trademarked and Duncan would not produce a double creame without covers?

The difference is that THEY'RE NOT PRODUCTION, they're made to specs for a customer, so they're hand-made wound by most probably Maricela Juarez aka "The Mojo Queen" or even by Seymour himself. That's how they can produce a double-creme without having Larry breathing'em down the neck.

MojoMonster

Reaction score
The difference is that THEY'RE NOT PRODUCTION, they're made to specs for a customer, so they're hand-made wound by most probably Maricela Juarez aka "The Mojo Queen" or even by Seymour himself. That's how they can produce a double-creme without having Larry breathing'em in the neck.
My understanding is that the CS will do double cream bobbins, but they are covered and lightly soldered.

MM

Dr.Distortion

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Got 'em... Installed 'em... Love 'em...

ALOT of harmonics (double note). Sweet hot, Nect is 7.6K Bridge 8.5K. Powerfull enough to OD the a JTM45 HARD. Pinch harmonics are easy and LOUD. Easy to get a chirp on the front of a note too...
I have my R9 wired '50 style and I'm using the Luxe Bumblebees.
Back off the volume to about 6 and they clean up nicely. Bridge tone rolled back to about 2 gives a very nice woman tone

Set the neck with the tone on 10 and the volume on 6. The bridge on 10 volume and the tone on 2. Perfect La Grange through a JTM45...:thumb:

rocknhorse1

Reaction score
Thanks Dr.D! I have been interested in the CS Pearly as well for my LP and JTM circuit amp:thumb:

Jakeislove

Reaction score
I'd be curious to hear how the custom wound Pearly Gates sound in comparison to some of the top boutique winder's pickups.

And before anyone types it..... No! I don't want to hear Billy Gibbons compared to people on YouTube, LOL!

Ricochet

Reaction score
I'd be curious to hear how the custom wound Pearly Gates sound in comparison to some of the top boutique winder's pickups.

I'd be curious to hear how the customshop Pearly Gates sound in comparison to regular production PGs?

Latest Threads