Dumbass rescue cats...

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Well, I didn't want them (was out voted by the kids and ex) and somehow wound up with two rescue cats. While I have always ignored them, they have seemingly taken a liking to me. They are brother and sister.

Right now, they are stationed about 8' apart protecting me from any potential intruders. One is facing the front door and the other is watching the back door.

The sister takes the momma lion approach and she always positions herself between where I am and where trouble could come from. They don't retreat from their stations until I go to bed, Then they (especially the sister) position themselves between my sleeping ass and the door.

Zungle

Reaction score
Our male just popped in back door with a gift......

Very large black shrew........

He made sure it wasn't dead so he could show me how to play with it.....

He does that shit at least twice a week.......bad ass little hunter.

But I do feel bad for the other little critters he's hunting.....

D5180368-5318-49B7-BDB3-DC090700D701.png

DavGrape

e pluribus concord
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sister had a rescue, that sucker could punch.
You could feed him anything, corn on the cob, green beans; he'd knock you down to get to some asparagus.
Even as an adult he suckled on her earlobe before conking out.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats one face full of mischief right there. In animal psychology terms you think you're ignoring them, they think, 'i feel comfortable with this guy, he's not a threat' its a predator reaction thing, they don't like been stared at as its a challenge behaviour. Which is why the make a beeline to people who don't like cats or are slightly scared if them, the avoidance of eye contact makes the cat feel safe. Which is real funny.

I Break Things

Reaction score
Cats are the best. My parents just found more feral cats in their crawlspace. They're great for getting rid of nuisance animals. I had a ragdoll cat, but he died from a heart attack. He was HUGE! He was the size of a bobcat and 23 pounds of fluffy goofball.

meatball

Reaction score
My Moniker is Meatball…. There is a reason .. Meatball left me on February 14th , 2015 . But I never forgot him .. Now I named my new Les Paul Meatball,, He is still with me .. I now own two cats ,, Taylor and Gibson …. Hhhmmm see.Running theme here …..

lancpudn

Reaction score
We get the same sort of behavior from our two rescue cats (Brothers) who insist on going to the bathroom with you :shock: It doesn't matter what time of day-night you go to the bathroom they are both there watching you:eek2:, We've had to leave the bathroom door ajar because they'll scratch the bejesus out of the door/carpet to get in :wow:

Latest Threads