Dumb question time, are all Epi Les Pauls same size?

drummerJ99

Reaction score
Hello guys, new guy trying to learn guitar here. I recently bought a Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe and I bought a case for it off facebook. The guy said it was a Les Paul case, however my LP doesn't fit correctly in it. The case is too big. So is my LP smaller then nornal LP's or is the guy just wrong and its not a LP case? Unless I'm blind I cant seem to find a model number on the case to research it online. Attched is a pic of my guitar in the case. Money is kinda tight after buying guitar so any ideas on ways to make this case work or is my best bet to sell this one and take my guitar with me to buy a new one.

Thanks in Advance,
Jeffrey

Attachments

• 20150322_084654.jpg
    20150322_084654.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 202

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
This is NOT a LP case......

The Epiphone code for the proper case is '940-ENLPCS'

MooCheng

Reaction score
Its not a lp case,
trying to think what possibly would fit it, first thought was a sg but the straight bits buy the bouts is kind of confusing

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Its not a lp case,
trying to think what possibly would fit it, first thought was a sg but the straight bits buy the bouts is kind of confusing

It can't be a SG case,
a LP would not fit into it, cause it's smaller

my guess is an ES-type case

drummerJ99

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Atleast I know I'm not just stupid. Lol It does say Epiphone on front, so pretty sure its a OEM case, just have no clue what for. Lol

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Atleast I know I'm not just stupid. Lol It does say Epiphone on front, so pretty sure its a OEM case, just have no clue what for. Lol

this is how a LP looks in an ES case....

XTN

Reaction score
If you're ever in Brooklyn, I'll trade you my extra Les Paul case for it.

SilverBurps

Banned
Reaction score
but what's the answer to the OP's original question, "are they all the same size?"

I realize some have thicker bodies, but are the outside dimensions the same on a Special as a Standard? Would all Les Pauls (besides "minis") fit snuggly in an LP case? Just curious.

tonka.boy333

Reaction score
Size! Size! Size!

I've got that same Studio Deluxe! Beautiful instrument!!! Just the right size for a Les Paul.:naughty:

Attachments

• The Right Size.jpg
    The Right Size.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 65

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
but what's the answer to the OP's original question, "are they all the same size?"

I realize some have thicker bodies, but are the outside dimensions the same on a Special as a Standard? Would all Les Pauls (besides "minis") fit snuggly in an LP case? Just curious.

Even if the size (thickness) differs a bit - they still would fit in a proper LP-shaped case :lol:

Fuelish

Reaction score
Mostly off topic, but I've found that my LP fits in my Wildkat case right nice :cool:

Closer to topic, I'd imagine Epi's LPs are close enough in size (am sure there have been at least slight variances over the years) to fit a proper LP case....it's not like they're designed to a skin-tight fit, or anything....as opposed to the POS Epi LP gigbag.....it's a very tight fit length-wise for mine, too tight for my tastes, so...I use the 'Kat case now ;)

SilverBurps

Banned
Reaction score
Mostly off topic, but I've found that my LP fits in my Wildkat case right nice :cool:

No it doesn't. The Wildkat case fits my ES-339 perfectly, it's just a bit deeper than my ES-339 case. Huge difference between that and any proper LP. If you want your guitar swimming around in its case and lack protection, then take Foolish's advice.

chasenblues

Reaction score
Maybe try and see if you could trade it plus add some cash at a GC for and Epi case, Or sell it and get one of these i got the first one for one of my guitars.

Decent basic case.
Course it probably wouldn't stand up very long if you're gigging/touring, But it will do fine for around the house storage or taking the guitar out for jamming with friends.

gsc200lpblack3.jpg

Douglas EGC-200 LP Black - RondoMusic.com ($57 plus shipping)

Or for a few more $$

egc400lpbk2.jpg

Douglas EGC-400LP Black Premium Guitar Case - RondoMusic.com($70 plus shipping)

Tchap

Reaction score
I'm going to agree with chasenblues, get a really good Epi case, trade yours.

Fuelish

Reaction score
No it doesn't. The Wildkat case fits my ES-339 perfectly, it's just a bit deeper than my ES-339 case. Huge difference between that and any proper LP. If you want your guitar swimming around in its case and lack protection, then take Foolish's advice.
Ummmmm, color me crazy, but....I didn't advise anyone to do anything... did I ??? :naughty: Did I??? Nope.... carry on...

56GT

Reaction score
spray expanding foam takes care of the loose fit... :laugh2: :laugh2:

wwit

Reaction score
sheraton or dot case

Yep, looks just like the case I have for my DOT.

LP in a DOT case is a bad thing if used for traveling. It might help keep sunlight and dust off of it, but wouldn't offer any neck/headstock support whatsoever.

Latest Threads