Dublin Crowd Throws Bottles at Axl Rose After Showing Up 90 Minutes Late (NSFW)

GuitarDean

Reaction score
From AOL NEW SERVICES:
Dublin redefined 'Welcome to the Jungle' for Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses on Wednesday night. Rose stormed off stage at Dublin's O2 Arena after the unruly Irish crowd threw glass bottles at him for showing up an hour and a half late, ruining the night for thousands of nostalgic fans.

The crowd was booing (loudly and profanely) before the music even started, and Rose stopped the show immediately after the bottles were thrown at the stage during the first song. Watch a Curse-Riddled Fan Video:
Video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxLUUQdqA0I&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Guns n Roses O2 Dublin Sept 1st 2010 - Welcome to The Jungle - Axl Gets Bottled Off Stage[/ame]
Quote From Axl's Stage Announcement "Alright, here's the deal. One more bottle, we go home," Rose warned. "It's up to you. We'd like to stay. If you don't want to have fun, all you have to do is let us know, and we'll go on our way."

The music began again, but 25 minutes and three songs later, it stopped, and Rose stormed off the stage, this time saying: "Have a good evening."In video from the incident, the crowd is cursing and booing at the band nonstop.
Forty minutes later, the band came back out to play 'Sweet Child o' Mine,' and completed the full set. The show ended at 1:30AM, however, and most of the crowd had already left.That said ... Irish fans should have already been wary going into the experience, seeing as Rose has a detailed history of tardy performances.

NOT FROM AOL
AXL IS A DOUCHE, the days of showing up late for a gig were over 20 FREAKING YEARS AGO YA MORON!

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What's up with all this "throw shit at the performer" nonsense lately?

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don't come out an hour late........

Maybe the message would get across better if the suckers (oops I mean fans) simply stopped buying tickets to the show in the first place. Money talks and bullshit walks.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Axl Rose is not some performer. He doesn't see himself as such. He thinks he's some divine being descending from the heavens to delight the adoring fans.

Reality begs to differ. Axl Rose is little more than a has-been with an attitude problem.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It has gotten out of hand with people throwing shit at performers the past few months.

BrianGT

Reaction score
Whilst I don't condone the throwing of bottles I also don't condone that irritating apology for a frontman behaving the way he does.
I'm glad the crowd booed and let him know they were not going to take it.

The band membes must cringe backstage being tarred with the same brush.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXCkESvC7_k&feature=related]YouTube - Guns N' Roses refusing to leave Reading Festival[/ame]

GuitarDean

Reaction score
Axl Rose is little more than a has-been with an attitude problem.
that sounds like Rockzo, The Rock n Roll Clown (who does Cocaine) from Metalocalypse. So this is what its like to wake up next to Axl Rose huh LOLOLOLOL
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf4OAqS5ycw]YouTube - Rock and roll clown![/ame]

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
It has gotten out of hand with people throwing shit at performers the past few months.

Yeah it is bad stuff no matter the circumstance, they need to control what the crowds have available to use as projectiles I guess.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my brother got hit in the head with a full beer bottle
in Hamburg Germany during a European Tour with
Lita Ford, he got 20 stitches and was knocked out
it ended the gig mid set. I think letting people have
bottles at concerts is a big mistake

Howard2k

Reaction score
I do not expect that the current tour will make it past the Paris date before self destructing.

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
What ever happened to the good old days when axl woulda jumped into the crowd and kicked the shit out of the bottle thrower?

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
I can see gettin pissed if I were him, but I cant see punishing an arena full of fans for the deeds of a few idiots. I hope they refund those tickets.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
AC/DC brings in more than $2 million a night wonder what GnR do ?

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
AC/DC brings in more than $2 million a night wonder what GnR do ?
& we wonder why Axl holding out on a reunion while the 4 others are now up for it

Ps U2 makes 10 mill a night not counting merchendice