Duane Allman Braz Prototype at Rumble Seat

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No affiliation, but Goddamn! If I were ever to spend $20K+ on a non-vintage LP, this would be it.

Screenshot_20210828-161909_Chrome.jpg

calieng

Reaction score
No affiliation, but Goddamn! If I were ever to spend $20K+ on a non-vintage LP, this would be it.

View attachment 557772

Nice but too much coin for my fat little fingers. I guess for some specific collector it is worth the price. Beautiful guitar.

DanD

Reaction score
I doubt any of the 'fret' models were ever seriously played.

They were stupid expensive from new....

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know Daves had a nice run of Peach Bursts ...I got an R8 and it looked a lot like that one....Nice color ...

jwehrman

Reaction score
I don't think I could ever justify $24K on a reissue, but everyone has their limits for various reasons. For me $8K is my limit. At $24K, one could get a decent early 60's ES, or a '52 goldtop. Or you could roll the dice on a pair of vintage PAF's from Reverb and still have enough for a vintage '59 Bassman in good condition, which would get closer to the sound than any reissue. Or send a $4K reissue to HM and get a better guitar at a third of the price. I would guess they've done their fair share of Hot Lanta treatments over the years. Or you could get roughly 48 Epiphones!!!!

markguitar

Reaction score
Bad information in that listing. The Hot 'Lanta Duane runs, both the first 55 and then the Pilot Run were not spec'd w/ '58 necks, don't know where that came from. And they did not have Brazilian boards. So unless there is written Brazilian provenance included with this guitar, I highly doubt it has a Brazilian board. Maple top is pretty blah and nothing like gull wing IMO. But many of the Prototype guitars are only made to get colors , neck carves and other appointments correct. They save the more accurate maple tops for the actual run.

boogieongtr

Reaction score
$24K for a reissue LP.... You have to be CRAZY...!! You can buy a couple 50's Jr LP's or even a 52 Goldtop. There's about $16K of Hype in the pricing..... Good Luck with the sale.

Latest Threads