Dsl 40c love

Rds

Reaction score
Sup amp heads. I just gotta show some love for my new to me dsl 40c. Had it a few weeks and getting it tweaked properly now. I am impressed with this amp. I have a tsl and extension cabinet which I was my main rig. Still great but I like the size of these 40's. Mine had a cream back installed from sweetwater, original speaker was included, supposedly low usage on the amp. I got a good deal i think. Man it rips! Has to my ears a bit more modern sound than the tsl. I see why there's a lot of talk and recommendation with the 40. What do you guys think of the 40c.

20190918_222845.jpg

Rds

Reaction score
I tell ya guys I cant hear too good after playin this thing tonight. It just rips. I havent put any effects to it yet. I usually run a wha, delay, phaser, and univibe on my bigger rig. I use effects very little but have those. It sounds great without anything. I stay in crunch with drive just shy of 3/4.

dwagar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The CR rocks. I bought the special edition “vintage” looking one. The 6-button footswitch is worth the money.
I did too, but with the different grill cloth.

I bought the 6 way switch and a Marshall amp cover with it. The switch is expensive, I'd guess a lot of guys won't get it because of that, but I think it's required for gigging with this amp. I just had my second gig with it, I really, really like it.

Mitch Pearrow 58

Reaction score
This is how I like to hear it , red ultra 1 gain at 4-5 volume 3 bass 5 , mids treble, presence at 8, and an MXR10 band eq to the front of both amps, stock 70/80’s and stock MG cabs.
Mitch

Reactions: Rds

Mitch Pearrow 58

Reaction score
This is the same amps, but I am using a Vox tone lab for the delay, and 68 plexi amp sim. green clean volume 2 , gain 2 all other settings same as above.
Cheers
Mitch

fry

Reaction score
I did too, but with the different grill cloth.

I bought the 6 way switch and a Marshall amp cover with it. The switch is expensive, I'd guess a lot of guys won't get it because of that, but I think it's required for gigging with this amp. I just had my second gig with it, I really, really like it.
Nice! I’ve never seen that one.

Mitch Pearrow 58

Reaction score
These are pretty darn good sounding, there’s a used one close to me cheap $350, I’m close to pulling the trigger on it
You should, I paid full price for 2 of them, and GC used has them all day at $ 450.- 500. All day long, $ 350 is a steal.
Cheers

fry

Reaction score
You should, I paid full price for 2 of them, and GC used has them all day at $ 450.- 500. All day long, $ 350 is a steal.
Cheers
I bought the DSL40CR “Vintage” looking model pictured above. It’s a great amp, and it seemed like a great idea at the time. However, this thing was just over $800 with tax, and I was able to buy a standard version off a guy here used for $400. I am well within the return window on the other one, so it’s going back. The vintage looking cosmetics aren’t really worth the extra $400 in this case.

Latest Threads