Drummer Left Behind In Supermarket Car Park

BrianB

Reaction score
who would leave their tour bus in their pajamas? never mind that....what self respecting touring musician wears pajamas?

This one....apparently. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

richard-colburn-2.jpg

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Aunt once got out of the van at about 6:00 am in Winnemucca NV, on the way from California to Salt Lake City Utah. My Uncle finished fueling, and got back in assuming that everybody was still sleeping. He was all the way across the Utah State line before he discovered she was not there. Meanwhile she sat in her robe on the curb of the convenience store, getting madder every minute that went by. She had $0.34 in her pocket. Used $0.25 to call the Nevada State Police to see if they could catch my Uncle and send him back. They told her they didn't have Troopers in that desolate area at that time of the day, so she was out of luck.

Now, she's not a Drummer. But that story gets re-told every time the family gets together.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
The trouble with Sharpie is that it is alcohol soluble so drummers can sweat the return address off.

We tried tattoos with ours but drummers also have a hard time keeping a steady address to it just turned into a real messy set of sleeves.

Ah, drummers.

GitFiddle

Reaction score
Where did they find a bus that goes 250 mph?

Richard Colburn waited in vain in his pyjamas for four hours for the bus to return after the unscheduled stop at a Walmart in North Dakota.

His bandmates discovered he was gone only after driving 500 miles.

So they drove 500 miles, realized he was gone, then turned around and drove 500 miles back. He waited four hours for the bus to return?
I'm sorry but these kind of stories just chap my ass. :rofl:

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

So they drove 500 miles, realized he was gone, then turned around and drove 500 miles back. He waited four hours for the bus to return?
No he hitched a ride from a fan, they didn't have time to go back and get him.

I think he just waited 4 hours hoping they would discover him missing, then he booked a room.

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score

That kind of grasp of "time" is probably why they left him there in the first place ...

meatball

Reaction score
Joe Vitale from Barnstorm told the story about the time that they left Joe Walsh on a couch asleep and drove Seventy Five Miles without anybody checking his bus bunk. He was asleep the whole time and didn't even know they left .

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
It's a shame when somebody throws away a perfectly good white boy.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My dad did that to me when I was about 11 and went to a Boston Red Sox game with a group of kids. He wrote the home and office phone numbers in sharpie on my arm.
You must mean when you were 11 months old yeah? Don't tell me you didn't know your own phone number at 11 years old!

Walt_T

Reaction score
Joe Vitale from Barnstorm told the story about the time that they left Joe Walsh on a couch asleep and drove Seventy Five Miles without anybody checking his bus bunk. He was asleep the whole time and didn't even know they left .

The Smoker You Drink...

Latest Threads