Drop-in Harness Question

SSwenk

Reaction score
I have an Epiphone G-400 and was wondering about upgrades. I have looked at many of the options out there for pre-wired drop-in electronics replacements. They are marked for use in Gibson SG's, but will they work in Epi's too. I wasn't sure if they were close enough in design that they would be interchangeable.

Thanks

__HM__

Reaction score
Gibsons and Epis generally have similar, if not identical wiring schemes. The only difference is the sh*tty components used in an Epi. If the harness has 4 knobs, a switch, and an output jack, you can install it.

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Gibsons and Epis generally have similar, if not identical wiring schemes. The only difference is the sh*tty components used in an Epi. If the harness has 4 knobs, a switch, and an output jack, you can install it.

Yep.

Just remember that the holes in the guitars control cavity will have to be slightly enlarged to accommodate the US threads and also the import knobs will not fit on US pots.

SSwenk

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback guys...and to Matt, I was actually looking specifically at the "Holy Grail" setup you guys do. I just wanted to make sure that the distance and placement of the epi's components were the same or close enough to the Gibson spec, not only with the pots but also the input jack and toggle. How would that setup sound with a dimarzio super distortion in the bridge?

captcoolaid

Reaction score
The only difference is the shaft length, so will be fine.

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback guys...and to Matt, I was actually looking specifically at the "Holy Grail" setup you guys do. I just wanted to make sure that the distance and placement of the epi's components were the same or close enough to the Gibson spec, not only with the pots but also the input jack and toggle. How would that setup sound with a dimarzio super distortion in the bridge?

Yep, same spacing.

PM or email for any other details :)

SSwenk

Reaction score
I just joined this forum yesterday and so far I am blown away at the speediness of responses. Thanks for all the input people.

Latest Threads