Dr. Z Remedy? Anyone using this?

CyFan

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trading my boutique Bassman for a Dr. z Remedy head with an Avatar 1x12 cab and an attenuator. I've read the info available on here but it's all pretty old. How have they held up? How's the bulid quality? Are These hand - wired? I appreciate any info.

Big John

MLP: mid life pimple
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has the first version Remedy (non-master volume). Sounds like a healthy Marshall. He has to crank it to get the amp to overdrive. Good tones, but loud as shit to get those tones, even in half power mode. He bumps the front end with a clean boost which sounds killer. I don't know what the current version with the master sounds like...probably like a 4-hole Marshall with a PPIMV.

fry

Reaction score
Quality is top notch. They are made in Cleveland at his shop I believe.
No question about it, his quality is amazing. I’ve had a couple, and they are very good amps. Loud as holy hell. I’ve been to the shop to have them do a mod on one of the amps I had, it’s only about 30 minutes from where I live.

CyFan

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone! I decided that I couldn't part with my amp. Maybe a Dr. Z is in my future though.

Latest Threads