Dr Vintage CTS pots and caps

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
These pots and caps have been in a 1994 Gibson Les Paul '59 reissue for about 12+ years.
If I am reading the date codes correctly, they were made in the 36th week of 2007.
I was told that they are blueprinted. And the roll off is much better than factory parts.

The caps have some codes on them:
K42y-Z
630V
0.022 µF
±10%
◊ 90 11

Price is $110 including shipping to the 48 contiguous states, payment via paypal.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Audio or linear taper?
I got a response from Rick, "Those pots are neither linear nor audio. What I put in [the guitar] guitar is a standard installation of one of my famous control kits from my days as Dr. Vintage. The pots have a hybrid taper. In layman’s terms, they’re sort of in a middle-ground between linear and audio."

Are you interested?

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
I got a response from Rick, "Those pots are neither linear nor audio. What I put in [the guitar] guitar is a standard installation of one of my famous control kits from my days as Dr. Vintage. The pots have a hybrid taper. In layman’s terms, they’re sort of in a middle-ground between linear and audio."

Are you interested?

Thank you for the info. I am looking for particular pots that are considered to be audio taper. Glwts.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I am looking for particular pots that are considered to be audio taper. Glwts.

By the way, here is a little more info on the pots and caps in case you might be interested:

Metlking

Reaction score
I bought a used Les Paul "G0" that was outfitted with Dr Vintage pots and K42y-Z caps. Fantastic set-up!

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Aw, ... too bad you won't ship overseas USA. GLW yer sale !
Of course if you have a friend who will ship overseas, I can ship to your friend. Then your friend can ship to you. But I the deal would be completed once your friend safely receives the parts. I would not be responsible for anything beyond that.