"downtown" Jerry Brown signs the Dream Act

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
There are ILLEGAL and LEGAL immigrants.

So when someone, (pick a country), invaded this part of the world they
weren't illegal? Just had more fire power and new diseases to unleash
upon the locals so that only makes them imperialists.

And yet the American Indians discovered the explorers on the beach. Its' all in how you look at it.
-------- In all seriousness...
I think we all be surprised at how many 'illegal' immigrants there have been
over the decades. Biggest problem is that there are American companies that
will hire them. Want to stop it. Start putting owners of those companies in
Federal Prison. Think the Chinese way of the fist and the bars is in order.
Cut off the demand for cheap labor.

So this isn't just a liberal or conservative cause. It affects everyone from the top down.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
California is full of idiots and ran by idiots... I wanna move to Oregon already.

But I'm not shocked at all, we're broke and we're finding a way to give illegals money... Welcome to California.

Caoimhin

Reaction score

And yet the American Indians discovered the explorers on the beach. Its' all in how you look at it.

So this isn't just a liberal or conservative cause. It affects everyone from the top down.

You can only be illegal if there where immigration laws in place.
If I went to a country with no immigration laws in place then I wouldn't be breaking any laws which would mean I have done nothing illegal.

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Aren't we all immigrants?

I am originally from France. Or my family was.
Came over here at the end of the 1700s.

Why the hell did we leave Europe?

Do we have to pay for our way back or will
the US Government help us pay our way back?

you are LEGAL. What in the hell is wrong with people who cannot distinguish between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigration?

JerseyJettfan

Reaction score
The text of the law mentions no exceptional treatment for illegal aliens:

AB 353 (Allen and Cedillo): Vehicles: checkpoints. (California Assembly Bill)

He doesn't have to offer them "special treatment" in the recently passed legislation because they're protected by "Sanctuary Cities". Places like Oakland (where Jerry Brown was Mayor), San Fransisco, Berkeley, Los Angeles, and other bastions of Liberal lunacy have refused to cooperate with Federal authorities attempting to rid this nation from the scourge of ILLEGAL ALIENS who commit violent crimes (hell just being in the USA without papers is a CRIME). How many U.S. "citizens" have been killed in West Coast/Southwestern states where ILLEGAL ALIENS (w/criminal convictions) known to law enforcement were "driving while intoxicated"? The number of victims grows each week as many "criminals" are free to re-offend after being released under orders from sympathetic elected officials pandering to a particular constituency for votes.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Right. Having an educated population is somehow a bad thing.

JerseyJettfan

Reaction score
You can only be illegal if there where immigration laws in place.
If I went to a country with no immigration laws in place then I wouldn't be breaking any laws which would mean I have done nothing illegal.

Some don't realize immigration laws have existed for hundreds of years, even the Pilgrims had to seek permission from King James to "immigrate" to the New World.

JerseyJettfan

Reaction score
Right. Having an educated population is somehow a bad thing.

Having an "educated population" that cannot work LEGALLY is wasting tax dollars. No one should be rewarded with "a path to citizenship" for breaking the law. When we reward "criminals" it only encourages more "illegal" activity.

weirdotis

Reaction score

AhJeez.jpg

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
I agree, I think there should be more enforcement and stronger penalities for companies that hire the illegals. And more POLITCAL accountability for people in office who promote and entice illegals to stay in the US. It should not be made easy for them. It should be very PAINFUL for them to be here ILLEGALLY.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Until American citizens are willing to work as hard and for the same pay as illegal immigrants are things will never change. Americans want to get paid $20 an hour with full benefits and a pension to pick tomatoes and pay .10¢ a pound for them. Then they see they can make more going on unemployment with 98% less effort... And illegals are the problem?

Rather than create a new "serf" class that has to settle for whatever we are told to settle for, based on what an illegal will accept, I'd first seal the borders with Regular Army and start shutting down al the businesses that are - or will be - hiring them. And tossing the owners/managers in jail.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Rather than create a new "serf" class that has to settle for whatever we are told to settle for, based on what an illegal will accept, I'd first seal the borders with Regular Army and start shutting down al the businesses that are - or will be - hiring them. And tossing the owners/managers in jail.

Yeah, how can anyone think it's acceptable or moral to have a peasant class doing the hard unpleasant work in this country, so they can hire nannies, eat out more, and keep the price of certain items artificially low?

Because the argument that we NEED people that will work for next to nothing under difficult conditions, just doesn't hold up in my book. If we NEED people that will work for slave wages, then we need to reevaluate how people in this country live.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Yeah, how can anyone think it's acceptable or moral to have a peasant class doing the hard unpleasant work in this country, so they can hire nannies, eat out more, and keep the price of certain items artificially low?

Because the argument that we NEED people that will work for next to nothing under difficult conditions, just doesn't hold up in my book. If we NEED people that will work for slave wages, then we need to reevaluate how people in this country live.

I'll say it again:

They want taxpayers to pay into the Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid systems. It has nothing at all to do with their financial status, or any feelings about anything other than wanting more workers to support the retiring baby boomers.

bigdaddy496

Reaction score
Aren't we all immigrants?

I am originally from France. Or my family was.
Came over here at the end of the 1700s.

Why the hell did we leave Europe?

Do we have to pay for our way back or will
the US Government help us pay our way back?

yup, but im talking about illegal immigrants. this shit is getting out of hand, and it shouldnt be an issue. theres a law, obey it, if you dont like the law, go somewhere else.

and im sure if you make a big enough ruckus about wanting to go home and make sure you use the term "racist" a kabillion times then they will. using the race card scares the bejesus out of everyone. too bad its never used when warranted. its been used so much that letters have worn off of it. it just says ace ard now.

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'll say it again:

They want taxpayers to pay into the Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid systems. It has nothing at all to do with their financial status, or any feelings about anything other than wanting more workers to support the retiring baby boomers.

I was addressing a comment, and one argument that I constantly hear supporting why we NEED illegal labor in this country, not the original post.

I'll say it again: If the American standard of living is dependent on having a source of illegal labor (Where they can be abused if need be), than that standard of living is both unsustainable and immoral.

Luckynumber3

Reaction score
In other news, Jerry also vetoed a bill that would stop the police from searching your phone without a warrant.

Brown vetoes bill to limit cell phone searches

(10-10) 13:53 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- Frustrated by Gov. Jerry Brown's veto, a Bay Area lawmaker says it will be at least another year before he can try again to require police to get a search warrant before looking at the contents of cell phones they seize from people they arrest.
Legislative rules prohibit reintroducing the bill in 2012, the second year of the current two-year session, Sen. Mark Leno, D-San Francisco, said Monday. Despite rebuffs from the governor and the courts, he said, the issue isn't going away.
Leno's SB914 would have largely overturned a state Supreme Court ruling in January that let police open and examine the cell phones of people they arrest without a warrant.
The court majority in the 5-2 decision said people who are taken into custody lose their privacy rights over any items they're carrying. The court cited U.S. Supreme Court rulings from the 1970s upholding searches of cigarette packages and clothing that officers seized during an arrest and examined later without a warrant.
The dissenting justices said modern cell phones can store huge amounts of personal data, and argued that police shouldn't be allowed to rummage through them without first persuading a judge that they're likely to contain evidence of wrongdoing. Leno agreed.
SB914 drew support from civil liberties groups and news media organizations, concerned about police access to confidential files of reporters who are swept up in an arrest. A 1978 U.S. Supreme Court ruling requires officers to get a warrant to search media records.
Law enforcement groups and prosecutors opposed the bill, arguing that cell phones may contain information about crimes that can be erased before police have a chance to get a warrant.
Leno mollified legislative opponents of his bill with an amendment specifying that police could conduct emergency searches without a warrant to prevent injury or destruction of evidence.
"The courts are better suited to resolve the complex and case-specific issues relating to constitutional search-and-seizures protections," the Democratic governor said in his veto message.
Leno called Brown's statement illogical, noting that the courts are through with the case: The U.S. Supreme Court denied review of the California decision last week, after previously rejecting an appeal from an Ohio Supreme Court ruling that required a warrant to search a cell phone.
"The Legislature and the executive branch have got every right to revisit a decision by the court," Leno said. "We make the laws, they interpret."
E-mail Bob Egelko at [email protected].

I personally dont have anything bad on my phone so I could give a crap, but obviously people are already getting angry at this too and questioning the legality..

Crazy California...:run:

Latest Threads