Down 22lbs

meatball

Reaction score
I started March 1st ,, This weekend was two Months,,I cut out sweet Tea ( hard for a Southern Boy ),desserts late at night, If any. Only cereal or fruit , No Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing, No heavy cream sauces. I walk About 18 miles a week . I feel great actually . I have also been taking Keto One pills Twice a day.
I Will Splurge One time a week at McDonald’s and get a Soft Vanilla cone ,which is awesome now.
A lot of food with proteins like hamburger patty’s with onions and condiments but no bread ,Nuts like almonds and dry roasted Peanuts for snacks . For Breakfast its cereal and fruit . I drink water all day to flush out the system .
It works folks but It takes time and desire . I have a shirt I last Wore at a gig in Georgetown ,SC for the R/B project I also play With besides the Double Naught Spies That I am Shooting to get in . I last wore that Shirt when I was in Great shape ,now it a Challenge , That is the goal now . To get Back in that shirt.
Thank you For all The encouragement I got when I started the diet . It really helped. I have about 20 more lbs to go .

sonar1

Reaction score
Congrats!
I’m twice the man I used to be!

Walking it off, and smaller portions of “real” food.
I’ve lost 50lbs since last year.

It goes on easier than it comes off, and still could lose another fifty.
3739CA95-992C-4740-9484-EE689427F46A.jpeg

Couple years ago

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
I am very proud of you my friend.

I want you to be aware from someone that lost a LOT of weight once....as you go along, your losses will slow down, do NOT get discouraged, you are still losing, but at the beginning, pounds do shed quicker.

Once you hit your goal, do not stop your lifestyle, figure out how to settle in, and enjoy it.

meatball

Reaction score
I am very proud of you my friend.

I want you to be aware from someone that lost a LOT of weight once....as you go along, your losses will slow down, do NOT get discouraged, you are still losing, but at the beginning, pounds do shed quicker.

Once you hit your goal, do not stop your lifestyle, figure out how to settle in, and enjoy it.
Lee , I am going to be at Barons in Camden on Friday night June 4th .. 10 o'clock start Time .. come on out and see the Spies .We will talk . I will be at Lafiestas three weeks later

meatball

Reaction score
Bad ass. My wife's down 18. You have willpower.
Man you are not kidding .. I want ice cream and a snickers so bad !!! But its a true statement. ,, a minute on the lips means a lifetime on the hips ..

meatball

Reaction score
Any good tips on what you did to. Make it happen ?

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Nice!!! I’m down about 20 myself. That last ship wasn’t kind to my gut. I came home about 250, which is a personal worst, but I clocked in at 231 this morning. I’ve been low carbing/keto, which is the only thing I can really stick to for any period of time. I haven’t even exercised. But now that my back feels so much better (from a chronically strained muscle of over 20yrs) I’m ready to hit it again. Got a bike and a few dusty surfboards, a yoga mat (don’t laugh.... I’m 47, and flexibility is becoming a thing with me...) and generally am ready to attack a healthier lifestyle.

sonar1

Reaction score
Any good tips on what you did to. Make it happen ?
Got scared.
Had poison oak. They gave me prednisone.
My legs swelled up and started leaking water! I was at 317lbs.
THAT got my attention. I had lost 30 on a Keto diet but it came back.

When I moved from Santa Cruz, to Redding CA, my son-in-law was walking most mornings. My daughter does the food.
We were walking about 1.2 miles.
Right now I walk 1.7 miles most mornings. Eat healthy mostly, though yesterday had In-N-Out burger! Let’s be real.

I’m diabetic from Agent Orange. Don’t want them cutting my legs off!
Presently at 267 approx.
Lifestyle change. Feel much better.
Life will kill you if you don’t watch out. Then you’ll be dead.

rogue3

Reaction score
I started March 1st ,, This weekend was two Months,,I cut out sweet Tea ( hard for a Southern Boy ),desserts late at night, If any. Only cereal or fruit , No Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing, No heavy cream sauces. I walk About 18 miles a week . I feel great actually . I have also been taking Keto One pills Twice a day.
I Will Splurge One time a week at McDonald’s and get a Soft Vanilla cone ,which is awesome now.
A lot of food with proteins like hamburger patty’s with onions and condiments but no bread ,Nuts like almonds and dry roasted Peanuts for snacks . For Breakfast its cereal and fruit . I drink water all day to flush out the system .
It works folks but It takes time and desire . I have a shirt I last Wore at a gig in Georgetown ,SC for the R/B project I also play With besides the Double Naught Spies That I am Shooting to get in . I last wore that Shirt when I was in Great shape ,now it a Challenge , That is the goal now . To get Back in that shirt.
Thank you For all The encouragement I got when I started the diet . It really helped. I have about 20 more lbs to go .
most excellent meatball!

If you keep walking,it will come.Make it a lifestyle change.

I took that challenge when i hit 50. It was the exercise that did it, i never stopped.I watched the scale month after month.The numbers fell.Don't get discouraged if you hit a shelf weight,and the scale is not moving for a while.This is when a lot of people give up.Its just your body adjusting...it will pick up again and continue to come off,as long as you continue the cardio exercise.

After a year and a half,i stopped scale watching because i got there.255 to 198.It took time,but,i spent the next 3 1/2 years continuing to do the cardio,daily. This is where i ended up(far right).
20120627_6429.jpg

In that shot(54), i am the same size i was at 19.
I continued to do daily cardio for the next 5 years,then stopped.I am just 10-15 lbs over now,but, my metabolism changed forever.I have to bite the bullet again this year,i think.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
good job...im working on it too,so far ive lost a massive 2 pounds.joined planet fitness,i drink only water and cutting back on most goodies.hopefully a month or two down the road it will pay off.

Deftone

Reaction score
I've been lifting weights for a few years now but I just bought a Hybrid Elliptical/Recumbent Bike a couple months ago. I do 20-30 minutes 3-5 times a week which comes out to 4 or 5 miles.

I like the versatility and my wife is getting into it too. The Elliptical is a harder workout and the Recumbent is more chill. 20 minutes is easy watching Guitar vids on YouTube. Energy levels are way up and my pants are fitting better.

Latest Threads