Doug & Pat Are Back

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news!

new rotation for my YouTube watching.

Vice Grip Garage and now Doug and Pat! Things are looking up!

Thanks for the information.

scovell001

Reaction score
I spent a couple hours with them 5 years ago when I took a trip to Portland. They were great guys, great fun, great hosts. Very funny!
Wow that’s so amazing, I’d love to hang with Doug and Pat i bet theres more dry laughs & not much work going on lol !

Lefty Elmo

Reaction score
I had a great hang with these guys in 2017. Pat brought "Oscar" with him, and a more beautiful goldtop I've not seen.
dougandpat.jpeg
dougandpat.jpeg

simon connor

Reaction score
They had a band at some point in the past called "The Heavy Metal Thunder Band." What a great band name. I believe it is a quote from Steppenwolf's song Born To Be Wild.

NotScott

Reaction score
"Cork sniffers" or not, those guys know tone and vintage gear and Doug can play. I will take their word and review on a piece of kit any time.

My story involving them involves the Vox AC10SRT that they use for their demos.

When I first saw the show, I was impressed with the tones they got out of that amp and then I remembered that I had that same amp in pieces in a closet. I had bought the amp and the original 2x10 cabinet for a few hundred dollars from a local vintage shop that was closing. The amp never really sounded right and someone had wired in some diodes to replace the tube rectifier. I tried to have it restored by a famous Vox tech out west but he was not interested and called it a "toy not worth repairing". I then asked the builder of my Trainwreck clone if he could sort it out and he declined as well. I then sent it to another famous Vox tech and it came back worse than I started with. So I put a Trinity kit chassis in the headshell and put the original chassis in storage.

A couple years later, I had mentioned in here that I had an AC10SRT that was in need of work. One of the members here, (I am sorry, I can't remember who) offered to buy it from me. I said I would prefer to restore it but that I couldn't find anyone capable of the job. He knew Doug and Pat and then put me in contact with Doug's amp tech who is intimately familiar with these amps. He put it back together for me and when I got it back, it was ripping just as much as Doug's. !

So if not for the Doug and Pat Show, my AC10SRT would probably be in a landfill somewhere and I would be missing out on one of my coolest amps. :dude:

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those AC10's Rock....

I saw one in a store about a year ago....(used) and beat to hell....shoulda bought it

OBX351

Reaction score
"Cork sniffers" or not, those guys know tone and vintage gear and Doug can play. I will take their word and review on a piece of kit any time.

My story involving them involves the Vox AC10SRT that they use for their demos.

When I first saw the show, I was impressed with the tones they got out of that amp and then I remembered that I had that same amp in pieces in a closet. I had bought the amp and the original 2x10 cabinet for a few hundred dollars from a local vintage shop that was closing. The amp never really sounded right and someone had wired in some diodes to replace the tube rectifier. I tried to have it restored by a famous Vox tech out west but he was not interested and called it a "toy not worth repairing". I then asked the builder of my Trainwreck clone if he could sort it out and he declined as well. I then sent it to another famous Vox tech and it came back worse than I started with. So I put a Trinity kit chassis in the headshell and put the original chassis in storage.

A couple years later, I had mentioned in here that I had an AC10SRT that was in need of work. One of the members here, (I am sorry, I can't remember who) offered to buy it from me. I said I would prefer to restore it but that I couldn't find anyone capable of the job. He knew Doug and Pat and then put me in contact with Doug's amp tech who is intimately familiar with these amps. He put it back together for me and when I got it back, it was ripping just as much as Doug's. !

So if not for the Doug and Pat Show, my AC10SRT would probably be in a landfill somewhere and I would be missing out on one of my coolest amps. :dude:
Very cool story! Pics plz!!

PS My amp guy love vintage Vox amps and could also work on yours if you ever need it. PM me if you want his contact info.

Latest Threads