Doug Doppler on the Dumble Amp

GoofyDawg

Reaction score
Hi! I just started putting together a video series on the Dumble Amplifier featuring Doug Doppler (Guitar Hero guitarist and former student of Satch) that I thought I'd share here. Over the past couple of weeks, I spent several hours with Doug at his home in Northern California, and all I can say is that this guy is the real deal. Not only is he an incredible guitarist, he's a wonderful human being.

The idea for the "Dumble series" actually came from Doug in that he wanted to share the capabilities of the amp in a really structured format. For my part, what I wanted to do was present the amp in a way no one else has, which is to have someone talk about it as well as demonstrate it, and not just have audio or video clips.

In any case, here's the link to the first part:
Doug Doppler on the Dumble Overdrive Special Guitar Gear

Also, I wrote a bit of an expose on Doug on my blog as well:
Artist Profile: Doug Doppler, Guitar Hero Extraordinaire Guitar Gear

brianugly

Reaction score
I checked it out, I like your blog! And the video is pretty neat. I look forward to the next vids!

brianugly

Reaction score
Thanks Goofy Dawg:) I like your site too, is that your's do you work for them?

GoofyDawg

Reaction score
Thanks Goofy Dawg:) I like your site too, is that your's do you work for them?
Thanks for the warm regards! It is indeed my site. Kinda took on a life of its own over the last three years. :)

R8R6Ben

Reaction score
great stuff man... cool to see such a rare amp like that put through the paces

Iceman0124

Reaction score
Awesome! And he's using electromatic gretschbuckers!:cool: I loved those pups, most serious players ended up keeping them too that I've found on gretsch forums.

GP_Hawk

Reaction score
Yes, pretty amazing:thumb: I'm one of those who love the dumble sound but alas, not within the budget. Great series and will be check'n out the rest GoofyDawg. Thanks!:applause:

p.s. Doug can shred on a dumble:wow:

mono

Reaction score
Watching it now.... looking good.
Thanks for taking the time and effort, brother. Appreciated.

GoofyDawg

Reaction score
Thanks, folks! It truly has been a pleasure. Oh, and watching Doug shred right in front of you is mindblowing! It's funny, but he sort of coerced me into playing through the Dumble, but I had a total "I'm not worthy" moment. Completely froze after seeing him work his magic! :) But he's such a great guy!

ApostleTone

Reaction score
I like it. Keep it coming.

I didn't know about the jazz/rock switch having a middle bypass position - very cool.

GoofyDawg

Reaction score
All right! Just posted Episode 4 on my site!

Doug Doppler on the Dumble Overdrive Special: Episode 4 Guitar Gear

While this is the last in the "Dumble series," there's lots more to come in my "Doppler on..." series. The Dumble series was actually part of the behind-the-scenes look at Doug's upcoming "Get Killer Tone" DVD series. When we were shooting, I was like a kid in a candy store! Truly amazing the amount of gear Doug has in his house!

GP_Hawk

Reaction score
Thanks for dumble series! And Doug, thank you. :applause:
Thats was some sweet play'n

GoofyDawg

Reaction score
You're quite welcome! There's lots more to come besides the Dumble series!