Double Thumbs Up to Andy - BadMojo Makeovers

Stolen#961253

Reaction score
I have a 2014 R8 that was one of those ‘special’ Lester’s. It rang loud and clear unplugged and EVERYBODY that played it said the same. That’s a badass sounding/playing Les Paul. It just looked like crap. Finish was a faded tomato soupy looking red and was horribly aged. So after a few emails to Andy off it went. I asked for a stinger headstock and to have the color matched to a vintage 4 digit Hamer Standard. I emailed Andy the pics of the guitar and color I was looking to have copied and sprayed on the R8. I don’t want a top recarve or a reshaped neck. I did have a nylon nut installed, stinger headstock, asked for some weather checking and light relicing. Well folks I received the guitar back last Friday and SOB if Andy didn’t nail it! Upon taking guitar out of case and seeing it... and couldn’t believe what my eyes saw. I quickly pulled the Hamer out for a side by side comparison... unbelievable are the words! I’m happy as a pig in shit and the guitar is a testament to Andy’s work. He was fast to answer emails and questions, same with phone calls throughout the process. The pricing is fare and date I say a bargain?! If I had another guitar that was in need of a refinish I definitely send it to Andy for a makeover. Pics below.

The R8 is the one in pics Missing knobs.
S# 8 4283

https://www.badmojomakeovers.com/gibson?lightbox=dataItem-jrupe32g2

Attachments

ESchmidt

Reaction score
That is great to hear. I likewise had a great experience with Andy at BadMojo. I haven't had time yet to get good pics of his work but I will this coming week. He refinished the back and sides of my most cherished Les Paul, also re stamped the serial and did a stinger.

I am very impressed with how closely the colors match on your Les Paul to the Hamer. You would think he had the Hamer in his spray booth too!

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
Same experience here with my Strat. I have two other Fenders that I'm planning on sending to Andy soon.

Yours turned out great!

cmcgov

Reaction score
Haven't heard of them before. Looks like quite the alternative to Historic Makeovers. Cool.

BDW60

Reaction score
That is an R8? Holy crap, that top goes beyond most of the flamey beauties they put out in 2014.

How about some before and after shots? I’d like to see the transformation.

Stolen#961253

Reaction score
I have a 2014 R8 that was one of those ‘special’ Lester’s. It rang loud and clear unplugged and EVERYBODY that played it said the same. That’s a badass sounding/playing Les Paul. It just looked like crap. Finish was a faded tomato soupy looking red and was horribly aged. So after a few emails to Andy off it went. I asked for a stinger headstock and to have the color matched to a vintage 4 digit Hamer Standard. I emailed Andy the pics of the guitar and color I was looking to have copied and sprayed on the R8. I don’t want a top recarve or a reshaped neck. I did have a nylon nut installed, stinger headstock, asked for some weather checking and light relicing. Well folks I received the guitar back last Friday and SOB if Andy didn’t nail it! Upon taking guitar out of case and seeing it... and couldn’t believe what my eyes saw. I quickly pulled the Hamer out for a side by side comparison... unbelievable are the words! I’m happy as a pig in shit and the guitar is a testament to Andy’s work. He was fast to answer emails and questions, same with phone calls throughout the process. The pricing is fare and date I say a bargain?! If I had another guitar that was in need of a refinish I definitely send it to Andy for a makeover. Pics below.

The R8 is the one in pics Missing knobs.
S# 8 4283

https://www.badmojomakeovers.com/gibson?lightbox=dataItem-jrupe32g2

Before pics-

Attachments

ESchmidt

Reaction score
Wow I cannot believe the before pictures!! What did they do, leave it exposed in the desert sun for a few years to fade it that much?

My Les Paul Classifieds